Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
hereticalhermit
My Device: Not Specified

save youtube videos and web pages

9650 verizon, os 6. Need to be able to save videos web pages. Zero...repeat zero...access to a real computer, so I need to find programs to download directly to my device to enable this.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: save youtube videos and web pages

can you explain what you mean by "save videos" and "save web pages" ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

You cannot save or download youtube videos in BlackBerry device. Also saving a web page is not possible. However, you can bookmark a webpage so that you can revisit that page with ease.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hereticalhermit

That makes the device then not much more than an expensive toy. It is my understanding that previous blackberries have had this capability, although each method seemed to entail doing it through the desktop connection. I have no access to a desktop to be able to do this.
So why would those crazy canucks change their toys in such a negative way?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

hereticalhermit wrote:
That makes the device then not much more than an expensive toy. It is my understanding that previous blackberries have had this capability

As far as I know you can :

• download a video file that the web server allows you to download
  • stream a video file from Youtube or any other RSTP server using cellular network or Wi-Fi
  • download an audio file that the web server allows you to download using cellular network or Wi-Fi
  • stream an audio file from any RSTP or shoutcast server using cellular network or Wi-Fi
  • upload videos or audio files from a computer using Bluetooth or USB or Wi-Fi
  • upload HTML files to your BlackBerry from a computer using Bluetooth or USB or Wi-Fi
  • bookmark a webpage

but those are not the features you are looking for (at all).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hereticalhermit

Exactly. Some of those features may in themslves be useful, but I have extremey limited connectivity, and need to be abe to read files offline when the connectivity goes out, such as when I walk into the house. It is enough to make me seriously consider going with another make altogether.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hereticalhermit

Does anybody know of any third party apps that would add the capability which I seek, or at least allow me to take screen shots? Found some on the net, but was not able to load any onto my deviice directly (but might have been able to if I had access to a computer).i
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

hereticalhermit wrote:
Does anybody know of any third party apps that would add the capability which I seek, or at least allow me to take screen shots?

CaptureIt, ZonaSnap,ScreenMuncher...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hereticalhermit

Thank you!
Please use plain text.
johnwatson85
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hey that was really helpful and i would like you to visit Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.