Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
blees
My Device: Not Specified

sms network anti-spam

Question regarding the Blackberry mobile network. 

I have developed a PC/internet based application whereby late-breaking financial data is sent weekly via sms to traders' mobile phones. The traders  will have subscribed to my service and are expecting the sms messages. The speed with which they receive the message is critical.  Approx 10 sms messages are used to capture the data and they are sent together as a batch of individual messages.

My testing on the Fido/Rogers network runs into what is described as "anti-spam protection"  whereby the first one or two messages of the batch of 10 are processed immediately to a single handset but the balance of 8 messages are delayed for periods of time from 7- 45 minutes. This can be avoided by spacing the messages out, but that defeats the objective of speedy sms delivery to the trader's handset.

I understand that Blackberry has its own network. Will a batch of 10 sms messages, sent together to a trader's  Blackberry  handset be processed by the Blackberry network without delays?  

If not:

1)  what is the minimum interval that must be added between messages to avoid delays

2) can the Blackberry handset owner contact Blackberry to turn off the delay "protection" (who should he/she call)  

Thanks  Barrie Lees

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: sms network anti-spam

My understanding is that SMS is handled by the carrier, therefore the only way to get around this is to actually contact the carrier. 

Note that some carriers actually charge/SMS received, (Roger's and Fido don't at this point in time, but Telus and Bell do), so depending, you may want to develop a different delivery system.

The BlackBerry version of SMS is PIN messages and this likely won't work correctly with your system.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: sms network anti-spam

there is a simple technical solution, but hard for the user :

you send a pre-formatted email to the trader, for example always sent from blees@for.my.traders.com
and the trader configures his device so that every new mail from that address will make his BlackBerry notify him (for example : 2 vibrations then a ringtone)

then all you require is an SMTP server.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.