Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
ravemot1
My Device: 8520 curve

trouble with Yahoo.com

Whenever I go into Yahoo in the "answers" section so I can help other people out it gives me a login screen (even though I'm already logged in) and my account is already there and the stars of my password, so I click "sign in" and it tunes me this:

"We're sorry that you are having difficulty logging in. Please sign in from our desktop login screen and then try login again from our mobile login screen."

Thing is, I don't have a desktop to log in from :-/

And I've tried all the possibilities on the phone, is there a way I can fix this with my blackberry 8520?
Forums Advisor I
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: trouble with Yahoo.com

[ Edited ]

I believe you will need to log into your account from a computer one way or another.  It need not be a PC.  I have had to do this sort of thing and used my PlayBook to do it.  You may simply have to enter a captcha, or you may be told your password has expired and be prompted to create a new one.

- Ira
New Contributor
DetroitDiezel
My Device: Curve 8530

I have the same problem and logging in on a PC still doesn't solve the problem.
Forums Advisor I
aiharkness

If simply logging in from a computer does not correct problems logging in on the handset, then find the page at Yahoo that has the section showing the other apps, etc. that have been granted access to your Yahoo information. I know I have to look for it everytime. Check all links dealing with your account, setttings, etc. until you find it. It's there. Then delete or remove every permission for anything BlackBerry. Don't worry, it will be automatically recreated. Afterward, test.
- Ira
New Contributor
DetroitDiezel

I have no idea what you're saying. All I know is that whenever I open up my web browser on my phone and go to http://mlogin.yahoo.com - when I put in my username and password it keeps giving me the same stupid message. I have 3 different yahoo accounts and can access all on my pc no problem, but not on my BlackBerry via the internet.
Forums Advisor I
aiharkness

[ Edited ]

Well, I think I screwed up. I'm trying to find the screen I'm talking about and I can't find it. I know I've done it, and I thought I have done it at both Yahoo and WIndows Live, but maybe only at Windows Live. Anyway, forget what I said about finding the screen where you can add/delete apps and devices, and pay attention to my first response about logging in to the Desktop version of the Yahoo site from a computer. That is, sometimes problems logging in from the handset are corrected by logging into the full website, entering the captcha and, if necessary, answering the security question. If you haven't tried that, do it and see what happens. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

- Ira
New Contributor
DetroitDiezel

Re: trouble with Yahoo.com..

That doesn't work for me either.  When I bring up the "desktop login screen" via my web browser on my cell phone, I’m unable to click into the ‘Password’ field, nor am I able to click on the ‘Sign In’ button. I’m able to access all 3 Yahoo accounts with no problems on my laptop and from my desktop PC, but still no luck on the BlackBerry.  No way to answer any security questions and Yahoo did away with the 'CAPCHA' a long time ago...... 

Forums Advisor I
aiharkness

If you've logged in from a computer then you've done what I was suggesting in my last post. That was what I was suggesting. As I said, sometimes that is the fix, but it was apparently not the fix for you.
- Ira