Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

jeffsbbfone
My Device: RIM BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

unlock code

ATT told me they couldn't locate the unlock MEP code for my phone. They claim to have contact you also with no success. I don't understand. I have a clean phone, out of contract and looking for the MEP code. I have all the EMEI #.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: unlock code

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I think you misunderstand the purpose of this site. This site is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalations to, nor support from BlackBerry for anything. Rather, this is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help each other out as best they can.

As far as I've ever been told, BlackBerry provides no unlock codes to end users. I do not know if they provide them to the carriers, but that's a question between the carriers and BlackBerry. If AT&T truly wishes to provide you with the unlock code and, as they have told you, they need a response from BlackBerry, then they need to, via their own dedicated (and private) channels, escalate the request with BlackBerry. There is no channel for the end user to escalate the request with BlackBerry...the inquiry is strictly between BlackBerry and the carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.