Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
JJVR
My Device: Not Specified

Re: where did my BB App World icon go?

Same problem as everyone else. BB App World icon gone !!! I've done everything suggested, nothing :smileysad: Icon still missing. Now what?? It is so frustrating :smileysad: Please help me...BB without App World suck.
Please use plain text.
simsda
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

I had the same problem but managed to fix it.  I re-registered - options/advanced options/host routing table blackberry button and then register.  After I got the confirmation e-mail I then went to options/advanced options/applications and then deleted the app world application (select it and then blackberry button and delete).  I then went to the Application Centre and re-installed  app world and the icon re-appeared in my download folder.  Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sarah186
My Carrier: O2

I tried this....still no luck :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Babesbrowny
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

I too try that and no luck
Babesbrowny
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
vincentvictor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Mobile Application Developer

Connect your phone to  PC again, open the  Blackberry Desktop Manager to update your phone’s firmware and it will do so without a glitch (although it ll take about 2 hours to finish updating). And then, guess what… AppWorld icon will come back and it will be working like normal!

BlackBerry Application Development

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sarah186
My Carrier: O2

I tried all of these suggestions none worked.

My Blackberry Desktop Sotware was not picking up any recent update for my phone, so i uninstalled it and downloaded and installed a newer version from here http://uk.blackberry.com/services/desktop/

I then plugged my phone back into my laptop and this picked up a new update, i updated my phone which took about an hour, now the icon is back and everything working as it should. Hope this helps :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
suzieq1521
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: o2

Hi
Same problem here. App world gone, updated so now have 2 versions and no icon.
I have the curve and upgrade due. I think I've had enough of blackberry, no apps no fun. Sucks!!!
I will try downloading app world again. It says choose downgrade to go back to old version but I don't have that as an option. Email and everything else working. Just no dam app world. Oh happy bloody daysss :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
suzieq1521
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: o2

Ah well no more fun with apps for me. Did the re regester now. Got the email.
Went in and deleted app world, down loaded it again. Still no icon. Re regestered yet again. Got email. Nothing anywhere.
What is it with the 8520. I loved my phone till today, now no more apps. I'm well peed off with it now. Do your self a favour and don't update app world if u haven't already done it.
Time to move away from blackberry. :smileysad: can't wait till july.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sgeneau
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

I have a bold 9700 and just did OS6 upgrade and my bb app world icon went missing too after upgrading to the 2.1.2.19

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

@sgeneau
a friend had this issue after upgrading from 2.1.2.13 to 2.1.2.19 without installing 2.1.2.15.

He solved his issue by :
1) deleting the AppWorld app
2) reinstall it from the BlackBerry browser.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.