Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

1.imap (sent folder) problem / 2. synching with my email client mac / 3. marking all emails on bb

Hi friends,
I got the new Z10 and I am very happy with it (used before the Torch).

Have some small problems and maybe it is just a settings thing and someone can help me:

1. imap

I created a gmail account that works perfect.

But for my business (we have no BES) I have also created my hosteurope email accounts. 

It works normal, receiving and sending is all O.K..

But my problem is regarding synching the imap folders with my provider:

except the "sent" folde everything works. 

When I send an email from my BB, it is only saved on my BB. I can not see it at my web provider or on my iMail client on mac.

When I go to the settings in BB, I can check which folders to sync (inbox, drafts, sent etc.), but the folder created on BB (called "Gesendet" german) is not visibile there. 

I called my provider and they said that BB saves my send emails locally on the device and not on the imap. 

Does anyone has a solution for that?

2. synching in general

Another problem is, that if I read and email on my BB (inbox), this email is still shown unread on my iMail on computer. So I never know which emails I already read and need to check them twice (mobile and in the office again)

3. checking marking several emails

I receive a lot of emails per day. On my Torch I could check one day and mark all emails as read. On the Z10 I only found the option to mark them one by one. Is there a possibility to check all at once?

I hope I could decribe my problems not to complicated. Many thanks in advance

Forums Advisor III

Re: 1.imap (sent folder) problem / 2. synching with my email client mac / 3. marking all emails on bb

[ Edited ]

Hello gxcan!

1. IMAP is working perfectly on my 4 email accounts with full reconcilliation for all items.

Sent items are reflected in all places, items marked as read/unread are reconcilled, and flagged items are reconciled. Make sure that your IMAP account is indeed using the IMAP ports and not the POP ports in your settings on both the Z10 and your other email clients (iMail.)

EDIT:  My only beef is that deleted items are immediately deleted from the server, I hope that in the near future they will go to a folder of my chosing (like 'trash' or 'deleted from z10') :smileyhappy:

If they are all setup correctly then it sounds to me like there may be an issue with the different names given to the folders in different languages. I would give your carrier a call and bring this up with their Blackberry trained support team (you should specifically ask for Blackberry support), if they cannot solve the issue then I would make sure to push for support from Blackberry Tier 2 (these will be actualy Blackberry employees), it is your right to be upped to Tier 2 if you carrier's team cannot help. Be sure to ask for a incident ticket number to make sure there is a record of your transactions with them. :smileyhappy: Hopefully they can get this sorted out for you.

2. This sounds like one of the clients (Z10 or iMAil) is not actually using IMAP.. or the same issue as above.

3. Tap and hold a date line in your hub and a menu will pop up with a bunch of icons (I have dragged the icon menu out in this screenshot so that you can see what they all mean) and chose 'Mark Prior Read.'

MarkPriorReadMenu.png

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor

Re: 1.imap (sent folder) problem / 2. synching with my email client mac / 3. marking all emails on bb

Hi Drewread, 

first of all many thanks for your quick reply.

Especially your solution on point 3 helped me already. Since the date field was so thin, I thought it is just date/title and nothing with special function behind, but works as you said. :smileyhappy:

Regarding the other points (especially 1): I checked and tried around with different ports. Nothing seems to work. 

I also think this is a problem with naming, but what confuses me is that

when I click my email within the hub, there are all the folders of this email visible, I see my sent folder called "gesendet".

But when I go to the settings of this email, where you can chose which folders to synchronise, there is "gesendet" not shown (but all other folders, like drafts, flagged etc.). 

The support of my email provider insists that this is a BB bug and that the BB saves the sent files locally. 

Maybe this is just a bug with the translation (German Version). But very frustrating for me. 

Forums Advisor III

Glad that #3 was what you were looking for, there is a great thread here for more Tips & Tricks that many have contributed to.

For #1 and #2, your best bed is to contact your carrier and ask specifically for their Blackberry support team (they will have one) and ask them to help you resolve the issue, it may very well be a translation problem.

I can assure you that IMAP is working perfectly here on mine and that it is pulling all of the information from the server. It is not stored on the device when using IMAP.

Definately contact your carrier, and if they cannot help you please ask to be escalated to Blackberry Tier 2, as this does sound like a problem that I haven't heard of before. :smileyhappy: Make sure to get an incident ticket so that you can track it..

and please don't forget to let us know what the resolution is, so that we can continue to help others with similar issues. :smileyhappy:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Contributor

when I had them on the phone, they asked me what BB tier 2 means :smileyhappy:) and the guy from the hotline said, that he is an expert on BBs :smileyvery-happy:

I will call again tomorrow maybe I get someone else there who know more. 

If there is a solution, for sure I will write it down here.

Many thanks again

Forums Advisor III

Heh, If he was indeed a "Blackberry Expert" then he was simply playing dumb. :smileywink: Try back again and get another person, make sure you get their name (first and last) and a ticket number so that they know you are serious. :smileyhappy:

Is the Z10 officially released in Germany on Vodafone DE yet?

New Contributor

Hi, I hope you have figured out the issue by now? As I was just searching the forums for the same problem myself.  I found was that my Z10 had created a sent messages folder and was leaving all the sent emails from the Z10 in that folder. I found them all on my macbook in that same folder called sent messages. I moved them from my macmail sent messages folder to sent folder then deleted that folder from the Z10. I refreshed the Z10 email and the sent messages folder on my macbook disappeared. Now all emails I send from the Z10 go into the sent folder on the Z10 and the sent folder on my macbook. Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue. 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We are having this same issue with one of our Z10s. That being point #2. One of our phones is having sync issues with read/unread status and flags. That phone is set up identically to another phone that is working fine. We have an IMAP server that the devices are connecting to. We have tried removing and readding the account using the advanced account options and the automatic account setup. Neither has worked. Following is some of the settings that are shown:

Port: 993 (Outbound)

Encryption: SSL

IMAP Path Prefix: (Blank)

SMTP Port: 465

SMTP Encryption: SSL

Use push if supported: On

Sync Interval: 30 min

Any idea as to what could be going on?

Thank you for any help you can give,

Preston