Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
spiderguard
My Device: Z10

10.1 latest update has LOTS of problems

352MB of install and instead now more problems. The contact list scrolling no longer scrolls and just jumps in a choppy manner. The calendar function posts peoples' birthdays the day before as an all day event (ie: bday is on the 18th, it shows an all day event on the 17th). Still trying to find a way to disable the noise when hitting the dial pad, when the video camera starts, the volume of the ringer and other alerts individually...

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: 10.1 latest update has LOTS of problems

spiderguard wrote:

Still trying to find a way to disable the noise when hitting the dial pad, when the video camera starts, the volume of the ringer and other alerts individually...

all those 4 points have not changed between 10.0 and 10.1.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
spiderguard

So what you're saying is that the update accomplished nothing...thanks for making my point. And as for the contact list scrolling, it was smooth and worked perfectly before the update, NOW it's choppy, so in fact the update made it worse.

Guru I
Xandrex

no the update fixed dozens of other issues and enabled other things (like Skype or carriage returns in Word Substitution), I am happy with the update.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
spiderguard

You're saying "no" like you know what my phone is doing. The contact list scrolling was SMOOTH before the update and now it's CHOPPY. That's fact, not opinion. By doing a search, I see a lot of other complaints about this, so why are you arguing and telling me about other fixes?

Guru I
Xandrex

you misinterpreted my message, and I quote you:
"So what you're saying is that the update accomplished nothing..."

well, no, this is not what I am saying.

New Contributor
spiderguard

And I'll quote YOU since you're now taking comments out of order. You said "all those 4 points have not changed between 10.0 and 10.1." THEN I said the comment about it not accomplishing anything. Nice try "guru"

Guru I
Xandrex

we can go forever like this.

- My sentence is about those four specific points.
- Your sentence is about the entire OS upgrade.

New Contributor
spiderguard

Yes, I know; and yet you decided to chime in with "yes, what you're talking about hasn't been fixed/addressed" Like that's helpful information...it isn't

Guru I
Xandrex

absolutely, because in the section of your original post that I quoted, you wrote that you were still trying to find a way.

Don't, since there is no way.