Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

2 Weeks with my Verizon Z10

Verizon BB Z10

Hardware : 

I have in my possession BB Z10 from Verizon and Q10 from international carrier also Z10 from AT&T. I try to compare my own personal Z10 with the others including my Verizon Galaxy note 2, Droid Razr MAXX , iPhone 5 and Lumia 920.

My Z10 is very comfy on my hand. 1 hand usage.. I still prefer 1 hand usage for phone.. and for iOS user who switch back to BB Z10, It feels just perfectly placed on my palm

Usage:

My personal usage of cellphone is heavy duty emails/texts/web browse with basics entertainment such as netflix and youtube and including but not limited to using notepad and some C++ editor/compiler on my android. In this test I limited it to personal usage only and work related(texts,emails,games)

Early Usage :

The initial usage of my Z10 was very weird. it took me 12hrs of charging from 20% to full battery. Next cycle took me 8hrs and after that it took me about 4hrs 53mnt - 5hrs 15mnts give or take. The charging time awfully took a long time. I tried to resolve it with the Verizon customer service but they also did not have any idea as of why and what cause the phone to took some awful long time to charge the battery. Oh well I could live with it.

2 Weeks After : 

- 3days into usage I got into random reboot problems that confirmed by BB support team is due to my OS 10.0.9.422. The support said it was a known issue with that OS and fixed with update of OS 10.1 which they said it was up to Verizon to push it out(no news whatsoever about the update from the Big Red Dracula Team).

-Prompted to install previous OS when connected to Link Desktop Software but prompted to install newer OS when check through OTA update

-Battery charging issue still plagued my phone until this time

-Sudden Reboot when opening heavy loaded website or bombarded by emails, texts and whatsapp all together

- Facebook is another Horror Movie come true... messages not sent, messages late came through or the notifications won't gone even when we already checked it. If that happen I must open my Facebook app to check it again. So what's the point that it linger around in the hub??

- Incompetent answer by the carrier customer rep as how to resolve my issues and problems.

-docs open swift and no problem

-Save screenshot or image from the item cannot be save directly to memory card.. Instead I must work around the system to save it to my phone and moved it to my memory card. What is the point..

Conclusion :

For a person who came from iOS and android I actually quite surprised and pleased. After given consideration for a while I realized that AT&T support for the BB platform was actually better than Verizon( I owned BB 9900 and 9930 previously also). It was too bad that my Carrier(Verizon) did not support BB10 all through the way. BB10 is a very solid platform who still keep the main purpose of work functionality in their platform. iOS, Lumia and Android  evolved to mainstream system, that I felt personally, put forward in media and games too much in their system. 

BB10 is simple and easy to use but also have the media/entertainment aspect as a side compliment to it and not the way around. Too bad that carrier like Verizon is very very SLOW to push update and support for this platform.

WISHES : 

I sometimes still like to use my Droid Razr MAXX. I could dock it at my home/office or bring the lapdock with me to make it a full laptop during my meeting. I do not need a tablet since my phone replace everything in one device. Tablet as convenient as they are.. will never replace my All-In-One Droid Razr Maxx. I wish BlackBerry will come out with this solution(e.g www.casetop.ca). A market that no one seems to grab as solution to work enviroment. Phone, Laptop and All Round Personal Computer at home also..

wish good luck for BlackBerry team.. Good job.. Good job indeed.. 

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: 2 Weeks with my Verizon Z10

Good stuff.

Were you using the OEM charger with the device on those slow charges?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

the initial charge I'm using the 850 mA from BlackBerry then I switch try using other OEM.. Both give me the weird message to charge using the charger that came with the BB Z10 with ACK letter message besides the dialog box.

I've seen people told me to use the BB Playbook charger to force it charge faster but I guess that's a bad choice no?!
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Oh I've seen the ACK message also. Sometimes your power source may intermittently not deliver the power needed and that message is generated. Usually if I see that I unplug and re plug and all is well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Update : 

- messages in hub all been read but still showing there are messages unread in my hub, need a hub restart or device restart with this

- still do not have the bloody 10.1 update.. It will be easier accesing my files through my home computer remotely than

to use box that only have 5GB limitation while I have 9TB NAS connected to my pc. VERIZON SUCKS !! If anybody want a Z10 I suggest go with other carriers... Sometimes and most of the time Verizon did not push and support BlackBerry

platform fully that inadvertently lead to people leave BlackBerry platform on this carrier and I'm speaking from the end user point of view.

- App world keep saying I have new updates after I uninstall box,dropbox,linkedin 

Conclusion : Verizon still sucks ! with the amount of money that I paid, I was hoping to see an equal support for all the platform. But now I guess It seems very clear which "Robot" and "Fruit" that they pushing because it was more profitable. Well done.. Well done