Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
fivedw
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

2 minor issues need help with one BBM and one email

I am hoping someone can help with this

the BBM issue is one of my contacts that has the z10 doesn't show option for my to video chat with him all my other contacts do and he has it displayed on his side and all his options are set same as mine

second question is since i set up my activesync email it has pushed a password on my phone everytime it goes to sleep and i go to options and cannot turn off the device password option.

Hope someone has some ideas

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 2 minor issues need help with one BBM and one email

It sounds like the account you connected to for ActiveSync has an IT policy that requires the password. You can't get around it. You'd have to talk to them.

For BBM, have you verified the PIN is correct on each end? Can you BBM directly with this person? You both have to be on wifi, as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fivedw

I don't see that policy on the server I actually take care of the server.

And yes we can chat no problem and i have had several video chats not connected to wifi and he is actually at office with no wifi and he can start the video chat on his end

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It will require wifi or at least a 4G or LTE signal (not all carriers allow this, though.) Have you tried a reboot?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fivedw

yes i have been doing it with 4G and i have tried a reboot

as for password issue i think i found the setting for that

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That's the only place it could come from...
Please use plain text.