Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mantonn
My Device: 9800

20 things wrong with the Z10

In no partiicular order:

Battery gets hot and dies too quickly.

Can't migrate email accounts from my BB Torch.

Can't migrate email archives over 30 days old.

No Sky Go.

No Sky+.

No Sky News app.

No Whatsapp.

No Skype.

No Google Latitude.

No British Aiways app.

No NatWest app.

No Barclays Pingit.

Blackberry Maps keeps losing me, kills the battery and occasionally just displays mysterious moving blue squares.

Blackberry Link is cumbersome. iTunes it ain't.

TuneIn doesn't stream BBC radio. "buffering......"

No BBC Radio app.

No BBC live TV.

TVCatchup runs but the sound keeps cutting out. (happens every time on various channels over Wifi and 3G)

Voice control understands no known language.

No Times or Daily Telegraph app.

No Social Feeds.

Is that 20 yet?

So I can't chat with my friends, work out where anyone is, work out where to go, watch telly or listen to the radio, book a flight, check my bank balance, pay a bill, read a paper or do anything to do with work from before 4 weeks ago.

Apart from that, the Z10's a winner.

Thankfully, Vodafone have a 7 day return policy.

I feel like one of those people who queued around the block all night to see the new Star Wars film.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deviance
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: 20 things wrong with the Z10

A few things things:

1) It takes less than 10 seconds for the average joe to set up their email addresses again on the new Z10.

2) BB10 was released literally less than a week ago, you can't expect all the apps you want to be available. Furthermore Whatsapp and Skype will be available in the near future.

3) You can sideload Google Maps onto your device and it works like a charm. :Innocent:

4) BBLink is relatively simple to use. I dunno why you make it seem like rocket sceince. To be honest the new iTunes is rather annoying compared to its pervious versions.

I do agree however, BB should have an interface for its users to add to a master list of apps that people need and want so they can look into pursuing their development.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thorstenfixplease
My Device: Z10

LOL. 

A lot of yours are Apps in fairness. I have a list of 31 here which I made the mistake of posting on Crackberry where I was promptly torn apart (after 16,000 views, I should say)!

Anyhoo, I'm likely returning mine to O2 to get a new 9900. It's a shame because the new browser on the Z10 is sex-on-legs and will be very much missed. I just feel like I'm a beta tester for BB10/Z10 which ordinarily would be okay, but not after having waited so long for it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deviance
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I just retired my 9900. After only a year its turned into much more trouble frequently having memory issues and not to mention the camera is balls (lol). 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mantonn
My Device: 9800

Hello Deviance:

1) Granted - Email account migration is not the end of the world. But it has been omited when it was available on earlier Blackberry devices (this is my 7th) and more importantly iOS. I have 11 email accounts, 7 of which have horribly complex passwords. Don't ask! 

2) The 10 is a sink or swim device for Blackberry. What is a smartphone for, if it's not apps?

3) "Sideload"??? I don't know what that means and shouldn't have to.

4) I travel a lot and listen to BBC podcasts. BB Link makes you sync them one at a time, you can't drag and drop the icon of say "Radio 4 Friday Night Comedy". I have also found that I have to close and re-open the MAC software for it to recognise the device every time it is re-connected via USB.

My impression is that Blackberry understands technology whilst Apple understands people.

Goodbye Blackberry - you changed the world but then the world changed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Drive
My Device: Q10, Bold 9900, 9700 & Playbook 32GB

Quality ! I know its not funny but I'm sorry for finding it very funny. And there was me thinking that after all the issues with the Bold 9900 and all the hype that this Z10 would be the thing that got BB back on track. All I can say is that there must be a serious drug abuse culture @Blackberry if people there think this is acceptable and the device is fit for purpose. So sad

I want to believe
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

No Whatsapp.

No Skype.

No Barclays Pingit.

they are coming soon

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

thorstenfixplease wrote:

LOL. 

A lot of yours are Apps in fairness. I have a list of 31 here which I made the mistake of posting on Crackberry where I was promptly torn apart (after 16,000 views, I should say)!

Anyhoo, I'm likely returning mine to O2 to get a new 9900. It's a shame because the new browser on the Z10 is sex-on-legs and will be very much missed. I just feel like I'm a beta tester for BB10/Z10 which ordinarily would be okay, but not after having waited so long for it.

Crackberry makes money off of BlackBerry's successes, not failures.  They are animals over there. 

Your list of issues is very legitimate and is similar to a list I've written and submitted to my own BlackBerry contacts.  They are the things that separated BlackBerry from the other devies and are why BlackBerry users stayed BlackBerry users even when the hardware and software got so antiquated. 

Hopefully the device will improve and some of these features get added back.  Apps will come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Device: Z10

Animals?
Being kind today, I see.

A very legitimate list. I have some more..
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm always kind!  :Innocent:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.