Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mantonn
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: 20 things wrong with the Z10

Hello Mr Rope

"Coming soon" is not good enough. Especially when the list of missing apps and fucntions on the Z10 include many that are already available on older Blackberry devices.

The Z10 is in direct competition with some stiff opposition and is coming from behind. This means that it has to to encourage existing iOS and Android users to swap, as well as take market share from new smartphone users.

Not only has the Z10 fallen short in comparison with it's rivals, it has fallen short in comparison with it's predecessors.

I have arranged to return my device to Vodafone and consider my options.

Sad times.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thorstenfixplease
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

"animals" is definitely kind. Some of them are ****ing lunatics.

I'm talking PMs direct to me with abusive, offensive messages.

I'm talking inventing a grand conspiracy theory that I worked for Apple.

I'm talking claiming I didn't actually have a Z10.

Yes, lunatics :-)

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

PM me here or over there with a link to your thread that caused all the craziness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thorstenfixplease
My Carrier: O2

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Carrier: AT&T

And I was accused of not really having a Z10 and being one of the eBay sellers.  And worse.

I am sure that BlackBerry would not be happy with the zealots there if they knew.  It really is shameful.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Doesn't sound good. I'm really disappointed in BB after reading these problems. I really expected there not to be any problems such as these. Well I've got until next Sept. or Nov. before I can upgrade to the new touch. I do hope it gets fixed by then or I'm staying with my 9850 or switching to I-phone.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

"It takes less than 10 seconds for the average joe to set up their email addresses again on the new Z10."

Not true. It take 10 seconds for you to connect to your average GMail account or whatever, but you're in trouble if you try to connect to anything else.

BIS is dead or dying and that was the main reason I had a BlackBerry. BIS could talk to my email server whereas absolutely no one else can.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hajmuntz
My Device: bold 9900 & playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

I have been searching for a common sense discussion on the z10. I finally seem ti have found it. 

My thoughts. 

1. Keyboard is superb. I loved my 9900 and all my bb's before that. Had 4 iPhones and hated them. However I believe I can really work with the bb10 v keyboard. 

2. Message sync of 30 days is totally inadequate. I use this devise for work. Now I have to bring out my ipad/laptop far too frequently. Hoping this is a migration issue only. 

3. Cursor often gets lost off screen. This must be a bug to be addressed in first update. 

4. It is too hard to get make a phone call to a contact. Who else misses "Hit call button once start typing and what name come up". I need that back. So bad I might pull the 9900 out the draw. 

5. Camera might be great but to be honest that is secondary for me. 

6. Hub. Great concept but not for me. I want to see separate email folders and would happily forgo the unified messaging. Please please create an option to turn it off in settings. 

7. LinkedIn app is great. Don't use Facebook.

8. Is there really any value in the active tiles? Just seems to get in the way.  

9. Why did blackberry see fit to ditch the messaging status icons at the header of the screen. Who did they hurt. Another useful feature gone. 

Summary: 

Still playing and learning but seems that in their rush to create a multimedia device they forgot us heavy business users. 

I will give a month buy only because my only alternative is to re very to bb7. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I couldn't agree more on every point.

I will say, on your #1 point, the keyboard is superb. I have used a keyboard BB since 2004 so this was a first (though I had the 9810 most recently and used both but mostly the physical keyboard.) In less than a week I am every bit as fast on this new keyboard as I was on the physical keyboard. I have always been skeptical of "adaptive" keyboards as they never seemed to work for me but this one really does adapt. It's remarkable.

Again, on all your other points I fee exactly the same way (other than I do use Facebook, but not LinkedIn.) They didn't build this device for the die-hard BB users who have stuck with them. I'm really missing some of the core BB features.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

"6. Hub. Great concept but not for me. I want to see separate email folders and would happily forgo the unified messaging. Please please create an option to turn it off in settings."

The left hand menu from hub allows you to filter notifications into their respective origins. The settings menu allows you to filter what is shown in the hub.

And if you open an email, there's an option to "file" the email in the appropriate folder.

As well, you can flag the item in which case it is stored in a Remember app folder.

The mail management options appear pretty good. My problem is the lack of BIS support which means I have little choice but to forward my email to a mail server the device can manage to talk to, because it cant connect to my current email server (unlike BIS which for some reason was far more capable).

Please use plain text.