02-05-2013 11:54 AM
Hello Mr Rope
"Coming soon" is not good enough. Especially when the list of missing apps and fucntions on the Z10 include many that are already available on older Blackberry devices.
The Z10 is in direct competition with some stiff opposition and is coming from behind. This means that it has to to encourage existing iOS and Android users to swap, as well as take market share from new smartphone users.
Not only has the Z10 fallen short in comparison with it's rivals, it has fallen short in comparison with it's predecessors.
I have arranged to return my device to Vodafone and consider my options.
02-05-2013 12:44 PM
"animals" is definitely kind. Some of them are ****ing lunatics.
I'm talking PMs direct to me with abusive, offensive messages.
I'm talking inventing a grand conspiracy theory that I worked for Apple.
I'm talking claiming I didn't actually have a Z10.
Yes, lunatics :-)
02-05-2013 12:47 PM
02-05-2013 01:03 PM
And I was accused of not really having a Z10 and being one of the eBay sellers. And worse.
I am sure that BlackBerry would not be happy with the zealots there if they knew. It really is shameful.
02-05-2013 01:07 PM
02-05-2013 04:21 PM
"It takes less than 10 seconds for the average joe to set up their email addresses again on the new Z10."
Not true. It take 10 seconds for you to connect to your average GMail account or whatever, but you're in trouble if you try to connect to anything else.
BIS is dead or dying and that was the main reason I had a BlackBerry. BIS could talk to my email server whereas absolutely no one else can.
02-05-2013 07:48 PM
I have been searching for a common sense discussion on the z10. I finally seem ti have found it.
1. Keyboard is superb. I loved my 9900 and all my bb's before that. Had 4 iPhones and hated them. However I believe I can really work with the bb10 v keyboard.
2. Message sync of 30 days is totally inadequate. I use this devise for work. Now I have to bring out my ipad/laptop far too frequently. Hoping this is a migration issue only.
3. Cursor often gets lost off screen. This must be a bug to be addressed in first update.
4. It is too hard to get make a phone call to a contact. Who else misses "Hit call button once start typing and what name come up". I need that back. So bad I might pull the 9900 out the draw.
5. Camera might be great but to be honest that is secondary for me.
6. Hub. Great concept but not for me. I want to see separate email folders and would happily forgo the unified messaging. Please please create an option to turn it off in settings.
7. LinkedIn app is great. Don't use Facebook.
8. Is there really any value in the active tiles? Just seems to get in the way.
9. Why did blackberry see fit to ditch the messaging status icons at the header of the screen. Who did they hurt. Another useful feature gone.
Still playing and learning but seems that in their rush to create a multimedia device they forgot us heavy business users.
I will give a month buy only because my only alternative is to re very to bb7.
02-05-2013 08:00 PM
02-05-2013 09:09 PM
"6. Hub. Great concept but not for me. I want to see separate email folders and would happily forgo the unified messaging. Please please create an option to turn it off in settings."
The left hand menu from hub allows you to filter notifications into their respective origins. The settings menu allows you to filter what is shown in the hub.
And if you open an email, there's an option to "file" the email in the appropriate folder.
As well, you can flag the item in which case it is stored in a Remember app folder.
The mail management options appear pretty good. My problem is the lack of BIS support which means I have little choice but to forward my email to a mail server the device can manage to talk to, because it cant connect to my current email server (unlike BIS which for some reason was far more capable).