Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ddch
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: 20 things wrong with the Z10

Although a lot of the apps I used on the 9800 aren't available on the Z10 at the moment am willing to wait, the main ones am sure will be ported to the Z10, the smaller other ones I won't really miss.

Luckily I have 2 weeks in wich I can return the Z10 to my carrier, but to be honest I had a good look at what else is out there and decided against them.

Am sure more apps will become available for BB10, Blackberry could have waited a few months before they release the Z10 until more apps were available but unfortunately they really needed to get something out in the marketplace sooner than later as their shares were only going one way and that was down.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

What a negative thread. Sorry to disagree but the Z10 is the best phone ever to grace my palms and the fact that I might have to wait a little longer for some of the very minor issues described on here thus far to be resolved or a few apps to be released,well that's no big deal. My advice is, be patient and enjoy your Z10. It is without doubt, a fantastic device. 

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hajmuntz
My Device: bold 9900 & playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Don't want to be negative. Just want to get a business focused device. Phone and email tool first and foremost. I get hundreds of emails a day across different accounts. Seconds saved here and there all add up.  BlackBerry was the master at handling this. 

I am not concerned about the apps - they will come. 

Maybe this makes me a dinosaur. Maybe it makes me representative of the core BlackBerry market. Time will tell. 

However I absolutely have the right to voice my concerns in the forums. 

Out of interest what device do you have and what are you primary uses? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I do not understand why it is not possible for Z10 to live stream TV and radio from the BBC websites or radio apps. I could do this easily on my iphone and it worked fine. Can anyone explain this issue and how to resolve it?

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

I regularly stream audio from the BBC.

Do you have Flash enabled on your browser? It's activated from the "Display and Actions" option of the "Settings" menu.

I believe it is set off by default.

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14

Correction to the earlier message.

I now don't seem to be able to stream direct from the BBCs mobile site. Though the podcast pages work fine (I have the address as an icon on my app grid).

If you want live radio download TuneIn - it's a great app for live radio. Specific schedule items you can do via the podcasts pages. It's odd the Z10 gets the media selector error because it works fine on the Playbook.

If you really must use the BBC's website. Switch on Desktop mode from the Developer Tools settings and make sure you use "play in popup player".

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

I already had Flash enabled but it does not work. I was able to access live streaming by an a blind desktop mode but that means that the websites are not optimised for mobiles. Also the radio apps does not work. Can you not get BBC to stream live TV and radio from the BBC through mobile websites and apps? Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14

Have you tried TuneIn?

Works for me

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

Iit does not work on my z10. Have you got the same phone? I can get radio 1 on Nobex but not Tunin.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

Also, to add to the list of gripes, when surfing on iphone telephone numbers listed on websites can ( dialled with a single press of the listing. This cannot be done on the Z10 and also the copy paste function does not work in the dial screen. This is a big mistake that should be rectified as soon as possible. I like this phone but the niggles and software glitches are mounting. Sort it out BlackBerry or the goodwill will disappear fast.
Please use plain text.