Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Jimmyz10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone uk

Re: 20 things wrong with the Z10

I've just tweeted all the apps I want, made me feel better. Can someone tell me how to side load Google maps then? and would that include navigation? I think the z10 is very good and remain positive that my tweets will initiate swift action by the developers!
Please use plain text.
adwubble
My Carrier: )2

Just to add my 2-pennyworth, in general I do love the Z10, but do agree with the list of annoyances. I can accept that many issues are with apps that are 'works in progress' and that BB had to get the phone to market ASAP due to being left seriously behind in the smartphone market, and am prepared to wait for thinhs like Skype, Shazam etc. However, some of the basics are annoying, like not being able to set auto on/off. Yes, I know you can disable notifications by using bedside mode on the clock, but the device is still draining the battery. The lack of Remote SAP I can live with as no modern phones seem to support this anymore, rendering the advanced phone and navigation system in my Audi useless.

One thing that does bug me - and I haven't found any way of doing it so would be grateful if someone has the answer - is adjusting the order of accounts in the Hub. I added my email accounts in order of importance - most used 1st - but the accounts I added last are at the top of the list, pushing the more important ones down off the page!

Any way of changing this short of deleting and re-adding the accounts I want displayed more prominently?? I don't want to do this as I would have to load the last 30 days or so messages and go through deleting the hundreds I don't want to keep...

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

There is no way to change that order that I have found.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
adwubble
My Carrier: )2

Thanks - which is annoying as you should be able to!
Please use plain text.
Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

To install Google Maps for Android try following the instructions here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/google-maps-blackberry-z10-available-via-s...

Or you may find the Google Maps mobile site is good enough. I browsed to Google Maps - making sure to get the mobile version, and then saved the site as a bookmark on my app grid. Good enough for how I use it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

I would love to know what kind of email account you can't setup without BIS.. Please provide details... so we can help.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

thorstenfixplease wrote:

Anyhoo, I'm likely returning mine to O2 to get a new 9900. It's a shame because the new browser on the Z10 is sex-on-legs and will be very much missed. I just feel like I'm a beta tester for BB10/Z10 which ordinarily would be okay, but not after having waited so long for it.

Use the browser to your ADVANTAGE and use the mobile or touch sites that already exist for many of these 'apps.' No sideloading necessary. :smileywink:

See my post here for more info. :smileywink:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
d3rd
My Device: z10

Please shut the door when you leave... good bye!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

br14 wrote:

Not true. It take 10 seconds for you to connect to your average GMail account or whatever, but you're in trouble if you try to connect to anything else.

BIS is dead or dying and that was the main reason I had a BlackBerry. BIS could talk to my email server whereas absolutely no one else can.

It really doesn't take long to setup any type of email account on the Z10, simply chose Advanced, chose the type and fill in the fields. If you don't know the elements you need to fillin the fields, call your email provider's support line. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Jimmyz10 wrote:
I've just tweeted all the apps I want, made me feel better. Can someone tell me how to side load Google maps then? and would that include navigation? I think the z10 is very good and remain positive that my tweets will initiate swift action by the developers!

Where did you make the tweets? The best way to gain traction on this is for us to all retweet or join into those Twitter conversations, if the masses speak.. the developers will listen. :smileyhappy:

I've tried to start a hashtag that we can all keep our eyes on and use to combine our efforts with and ask the developers for what we want.. but no traction yet.

Get info on #GetWithBB10 at this post. The more the merrier, literally!

Please use plain text.