Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Developer
Stephen_Hard
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: No mobile

Re: 30 day email sync limit is huge draw back my business; is there a fix?

Anyone interested in an alternative perspective?

You NEED a feature that has been dropped by BlackBerry. There seems to be no schedule for restoring the feature. But there is not necessarily any need to use specifically the builtin email client for accessing older emails, perhaps one of the free email client apps from BlackBerry World will do that job better anyway. Use the builtin client to alert you when emails arrive, but use a seperate blackberry app to read them. Or just use the other app when you want to look up old emails, it might even be easier keeping your place that way.

Word of caution: DO NOT test out new email clients on your business email address. The default action for POP3 is often to delete emails from the server when they are retrieved. You probably don't want that, so experiment using a temporary or unimportant account.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kingmo458
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Totally agree with you 200% this is a huge draw back for BlackBerry user who used to work with BIS, or even users from Windows, iPhone or Android, which can sync all the emails to their phone.
When working on a project which require past information and you be stuck, like how I felt now. If BlackBerry don't fix this soon I am giving up on them completely.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

30÷ day email sync will be returned. I don't know how soon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
edupres
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

I too agree that this is a feature definitely needed on the z10. Just foolish they didn't do it from the release.
I'm curious as to how you can say that we will be able to sync beyond 30 days. Did you read this somewhere, do you work for rim?
I have read every article I can find on the Z10 and I have found nothing saying that this problem will be fixed
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No, I don't work for RIM.

It was stated a week or so ago by a well known RIM/BB10 manager in a tweet.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

JSanders wrote:

No, I don't work for RIM.

It was stated a week or so ago by a well known RIM/BB10 manager in a tweet.

I saw the same tweet

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
regas1
My Device: BB 10 Z
My Carrier: Fido

I have noted too my e mails sent from my phone are also erasing after 30 days, as I have been monitoring closely. To date I have now lost a month of emails.

I hope the word is correct and there is an option to keep longer than 30 days coming soon.

As this is the case, I have to remember to carbon copy myself in order to keep a copy of emails sent from my BB10.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

regas1 wrote:

I have noted too my e mails sent from my phone are also erasing after 30 days, as I have been monitoring closely. To date I have now lost a month of emails.

I hope the word is correct and there is an option to keep longer than 30 days coming soon.

As this is the case, I have to remember to carbon copy myself in order to keep a copy of emails sent from my BB10.

Check on the server, all of the e-mails messages are most likely still on the server, they are just not sync to the phone, but are not erased from the server, if you use the browser on the phone or a PC, you should be able to see all of you messages

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
c4boom
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: 30 day email sync limit is huge draw back my business; is there a fix?(I have an answer)

The closest work around to solving this problem is to login to your email through your web browser then tap the three dots on the lower right hand corner and press add to home screen. It creates a short cut which almost looks like an app and has it own icon. You can do this for each individual email account you have. If you select the "keep me signed in" feature most email accounts have then you'll have access to all your emails at the touch of a button. Its not as convient as having your phone automatically syncing more than 30 days but it does have some benefits as it doesnt bog down your phone memory with really old emails you dont use every day. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: 30 day email sync limit is huge draw back my business; is there a fix?(I have an answer)

Please use plain text.