Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
kishorek90
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 43,500
Accepted Solution

3g video calling

i bought bb z10,there is a front camara,but there is no option 3g video calling in my mobile.could you tell me how to make a 3g video call in my mobile...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: 3g video calling

you cannot currently.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kishorek90

why.and what is the use front camara.and this z10 worth is high even varry small price phone have the 3g video calling but bb z10 don't have 3g video calling and even skype and they don't have much apps.why they put that much price..

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

the Z10 is a new phone.

so :
1) at first, video conference is available thtough WiFi
2) and will probably be opened for 3G/H+/4G in a near future

This is how other brands have done in the past.

For example BBM Voice was limited to WiFi on launch day, but now it works with 3G.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kishorek90

you send me bbm voice was limited to wifi.ok it is fine but so many people don't have the bbm phone.and can you tell me which apps is use to make a free  voice calls from bbz10 any other smartphone even it is not working skype and wiber is also not working in my mobile even if it works with chines language how can we use that application.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

for free video conference, you can currently use http://www.faceflow.com/ which works for all phones, as well as PC.

Regarding Viber, they are a bit late on schedule, but indeed they are currently testing their BB10 app with voice.

Microsoft on the other hand is also late for Skype for BB10. I do not know when they will release it, but it seems that they are currently fixing bugs on their alpha version.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kishorek90

probelm connecting to pc

hi i am kishore.when i transfor files from my pc to blackberry z10 it's shows me error message like your divice something.and i am using windows xp sp2..and even  when i connect the my bbz10 phone to window7 pc and then it automatically connecting and disconnecting,what is the problem occur,and i am eager to transfor music and so on from my pc to bb z10 ..

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alasio
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange UK

3G Video calling is available, if your network supports it.

To ensure 3G calling is enabled, open BBM, swipe down from the top and choose Settings, then look for the option to Allow BBM Calls over Mobile Network - This option is also for BBM Video.

I have previously tested and can confirm video calls over 3G work fine here in the UK on various networks, so long as this option is set to on.  Perhaps it is a limitation on your network rather than the device?

A.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kishorek90

can i make a 3g video calling for any other 3g mobiles or only in blackberry phone?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alasio
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange UK

At present, BBM video calls are BlackBerry to BlackBerry or PlayBook only.

As Skype will be available for the Z10 shortly and it should then allow you to make 3G Skype video calls to any other Skype enabled device, be it other smartphones, tablets, TV's and more.
Please use plain text.