Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: 3g video calling

you can use FaceFlow which is a Skype competitor and which works for PC, Android, iOS and BlackBerry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
kishorek90
My Device: z10

what is this you know bb z10 is not just normal smart phone price.it cost is vary high.even low cost smartphones also have 3g calling option but we don't have 3g calling option..

Contributor
kishorek90

Contributor
kishorek90

you know bb z10 is not a normal price phone. it's cost is vary high compare to normal smartphones.even now low cost phones also have 3g calling option.why don't have 3g calling option in bb z10 phone.
Guru I
Xandrex

things take time.. it was the same for the iPhone at first. Can't download apps on 3G. Then can't do Facechat on 3G.
Now you can.

for BBM it is the same.
at first, BBM Voice call was only for WiFi, and now it works for 3G.

BBM Video chat will soon be available for 3G.

That being said, Faceflow for the Z10 works on 3G.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
Mustafa_Tajer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | OS 10.2.1

Here in the UAE, BBM video/voice calls are blocked. Skype can only be installed after updating to BlackBerry OS 10.1, which apparently is in conflict with the network, preventing users from updating. Which means no Skype and no BBM calls. Also, 3G video calls are supported in the UAE, but Z10 has no such feature as far as I've seen. Strongly recommended not to buy BlackBerry 10 smartphones if you live in the UAE.

thank you for your advice Mustafa_Tajer.
Does Skype work better with Android/iOS/WindowsPhone?

I don't think so. It is a limitation by the UAE government.

Contributor
Mustafa_Tajer

Yes, Skype works perfectly on iOS and Android but not sure about the Windows Phone.

UAE government has a lot of limitations on VOIP based apps and services, but Skype on my iPhone 4S worked perfectly without any VPN. The only issue I used to have were random disconnections or logouts from Skype.

If you're trying to buy a new phone, I'd recommend an Android phone. One that runs stock Android such as Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (Google Play Edition) or HTC One (Google Play Edition).

S4 and HTC One maybe a bit expensive, but they're worth every penny. Also, Google Play Edition phones receive their updates directly from Google, no telecom is involved in this process. Which means... No blockage of any kind.

I read everywhere on the internet that the TRA in UAE (Telecom regulators) forbid the use of Skype in UAE.

Are you saying you are using Skype on Android in UAE?

Contributor
Mustafa_Tajer

Yes I'm saying that it works. Though they blocked skype.com... the app seemed to be working fine back then. not sure about now a days. I used it just a year ago.

Take my advice, don't believe what the media says or shows. Believe it when you see it with your own eyes. I was born and bred here in the UAE, even I'm surprised sometimes when I read the hogwash in the newspaper.