Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Ashes13
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

A few problems i've noticed................

Since i\ve gotten my Z10 i've come across a few nuisances that make me miss my old phone.

1.) I live in a condo and when someone buzzes me I cannot press 9 on the dialpad because there is no dialpad.  When I try to hit the dialpad it comes up but no numbers work when you press it.  Having to go up and down to let people in is a pain.

2.) My profile picture you cannot zoom out at all

3.) my picture albums are not linked to my BBM so I can only add photos I recently take

4.) All my pgotos never transferred when I used blackberry link

5.) When I receive an e-mail with images imbedded and not sent as attachments I can not save them (i've tried pressing and holding the picture.

Can anyone help??????

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: A few problems i've noticed................

Ashes,

Hope I can answer some of your issues you have.

1.) I live in a condo and when someone buzzes me I cannot press 9 on the dialpad because there is no dialpad.  When I try to hit the dialpad it comes up but no numbers work when you press it.  Having to go up and down to let people in is a pain.

-I ran a condo for 5 years and familar with the buzz systems. Most older systems must be linked to a land line and not a cell phone. The system is tied in with the bell switch. Some new systems that are out, you must get the board of directors to program your phone on their system and its a special setting. You can test this by going in the lobby and buzz your condo and have your z10 with you, then once you answer the buzz, press the dial pad on your z10, then press 9. You should hear the dial tone that the phone is sending to the buzzer system in your condo.

2.) My profile picture you cannot zoom out at all.

- when you say profile picture. Which part of the app are you reffering to? I need a little more details.

3.) my picture albums are not linked to my BBM so I can only add photos I recently take.

- within the picture app or through file manager, you can hold any picture, a slider appears on the right, selec set as, from there you can change the BBM picture of any person, your contacts or set it as your wall paper.

- You can also link any BBM contact to your Phone contact by going into BBM, selecting contacts, Click and hold contact , little slider appears on the right, select Open in Contacts, select open, click on link, click on add link and selec the person that BBM is linked to.

4.) All my pgotos never transferred when I used blackberry link.

When you connect to BB Link, it should also see your  z10.  If you want to transfer your photos from your computer to your desktop, within the bblink software, you must select your desktop , go into the pictures folder you want to transfer to your z10. Select the picture or that folder, right click and sync to z10. You can also add folders for you to automatically sync to your z10.  Also make sure you dont have USB mass storage turned on or it wont work. USB mass storage is used to setup your z10 as a flash drive. Somepeople find it easier to use the device as a usb mass storage and just drag and drop files to your z10 with Windows explorer.  To check to see if you have USB mass storage, go into your setting, storage and access scroll down to bottom.

5.) When I receive an e-mail with images imbedded and not sent as attachments I can not save them (i've tried pressing and holding the picture.

- Open the email in the hub, once opened , click on the imbedded image and hold for a second, a slider will appear on the right and you have 3 choices, Save, Share and set as..

Can anyone help??????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shinrai
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: telus

Just a comment on the help, way to go. I am glad there is such a great community of users that affords us the ability to troubleshoot like this. Thanks to all those like arsen who assist others with great contributions like this.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ashes13
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks for the help! Seems to have worked.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Hey Ashes,

Glad that it has worked now..  I didn't hear back from you since the post.. 

Please use plain text.