Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mrbusdriversir
My Device: z10

A very disappointed returning BlackBerry user

I am back to BlackBerry from being away for a 3 years using Android devices and I am very disappointed with the lack of Apps I can find in "BB world". I wish I had checked if my apps were available before I changed to BlackBerry. I can't find Audible, Amazon cloud player,Rhapsody, and several newspapers I read every day, just to mention a few. Also, by not supporting flash, BlackBerry is limiting the users even more because we can't even browse to websites were we have cloud services to get those services directly from their website because most websites require flash. Is BB browser ever going to support flash? I never imagine struggling so much with this device and services available because Blackberry has promised in their advertisement that we would be amazed by their new devices. Sorry BlackBerry but just having a great device doesn't cut it for me if you have no apps to run on it and you restrict users so much. What good is it to have a great device if there are not good apps to run on it? I am definitely going back to Android as soon as I can.

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: A very disappointed returning BlackBerry user

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

Where to start, well please re-frame from mul posts of the same issue. That would be great.

Also understand the BlackBerry 10 devices just came out even Android & I phone had some time to come out with apps!

Third take the time to do your research on your device because the browser does have ADOBE FLASH if you want you can go to the options and turn it on!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
New Contributor
mrbusdriversir

I actually did research here and I found a few threads where users were told that BlackBerry 10 doesn't support flash. Thanks for letting me know that it actually does support flash. This is great news to me since I can't do nothing but get my emails on this expensive device.

Thanks,

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino

go to your browser then go to "Settings" then tap on "Display and Actions" then scroll down then you will see Adobe flash

New Contributor
mrbusdriversir

Found it!

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my post.

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino

LMAO no problem my friend enjoy

if you more tips & tricks please go to the link below!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-Tips-Tricks-and-Shortcuts/m-p/2146245#M129...

Good luck Have a nice day!

Visitor
Chevez
My Device: Torch 9800

I've been a BB user years and I use my phone as a one stop shop.  Listening to Rhapsody is a huge part of my daily routine.  I just switched from a BB Torch to a Z10 and Rhapsody is not offered in BB World and if you attempt to download the app from the Rhapsody website it merely redirects you back to the site.  Is there an update regarding the app?  Please advise because I'm considering switching phones.

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Chevez wrote:

I've been a BB user years and I use my phone as a one stop shop.  Listening to Rhapsody is a huge part of my daily routine.  I just switched from a BB Torch to a Z10 and Rhapsody is not offered in BB World and if you attempt to download the app from the Rhapsody website it merely redirects you back to the site.  Is there an update regarding the app?  Please advise because I'm considering switching phones.

Unfortunately "Rhapsody" is not available for Z10 yet

Elite II
BillJ

Keep in mind that BB10 is a relatively new OS. When Android first hit the market, it didn't have nearly as many apps as BB10 did when first introduced. Fact is, BB10 devices have access to WAY more apps than Android did at inception. Just give it some time and I think you'll be impressed. Search Wikipedia for exact numbers but you'll see that BlackBerry World puts both the Apple Store and Google Play to shame.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.