Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

APN Options

Hi, I understand that the new z10 doesnt require a bis service. Can anyone confirm if thw handset has a option to manually configure the tcp / apn options.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: APN Options

I can confirm that my BlackBerry Z10 does offer the ability to manually configure your APN. To do this, you just need to go to Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network, then select the APN settings button at the bottom of the page. This will open the APN settings where you can enter your APN, username and password if needed.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I had a similar question. I noticed that the APN settings on my Bell Z10 are greyed out and cannot be changed (ie they are hardcoded to bleckberry.net). Is this due to the fact that the phone is still locked to Bell ? If I were to use a prepaid At&t SIM card (with data package) would it work ? 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

The APN settings on my Z10 London device does not show up as grayed out, but if I save them nothing happens, it always reverts to blackberry.net immediately.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The reason this question was asked in the first place, is that i am on a legacy / old BIS tariff which works fine on my current Bold 9900 - UK o2

I need the data to go thru a specific APN or I will be charged. As the z10 no longer supports BIS it leaves me in a tricky situation and forces me to update my tariff (do not wish to do so)