Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jrdba
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: APN setting on the BB z10

Hi I just upgraded my Z10 to 10.2.0.1791 and my APN fields are greyed out. I tried the escreen:// Diagnostics General Radio page but am not able to save the APN change. It wipes out to an empty field after i close out the Dignostics page. Please advise what your solution was? Thanks. My Z10 was unlocked by AT&T and i had used it successfully with 10.1 where i was successfully able to update the APN fields, but with 10.2.0.1791 I am not able to do so. Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jrdba

The resolution to this was to do a secure wipe (settings>security and privacy>security wipe) of the Z10 and not to restore any Blackberry Link backups on the phone. I was then able to update the APN field in escreen Diagnostics and successfully have it saved in there permanently. Data is working now.

P.S. The secure wipe took a full 2 hours and 15 mins to complete. I did have lots of local storage used up by a few large games. Obviously one should make a backup just in case they wanted to revert to an older state.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nbmm
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: MPT

hello, 

sorry the name was deleted as it breached the rule of the community group, i think. 

how can i contact you or that person who can help me? please let me know. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Labba
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Any

[ Edited ]

for me it didn't worked .. i have secured wiped and still unable to enter an APN... :-( still returning to black when i'm done :-(

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CristianI
My Device: Q10 D9BC
My Carrier: Digi

I'm reading all issues in those posts  carefully and unfortunately nothing to do. I can't fix this problem with my Q10. The APN can be written down but after saving it's again blank. Other SIM carrier is working fine and that's **bleep** me off. The matter is that I can say I'm addicted to this model and I really like it. I think this problem is for both, RIM and provider. It's like a table tennis game and I'm in the middle.

There's one thing remain to try. How can I find escreen:// and open help through browser because for me doesn't work, it's opening any other pages but not this one.

Anything can be helpful.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jrdba

Here is the link below to access the escreen Diagnostics page within your BB10 blackberry device...

http://crackberry.com/how-access-engineering-screen-blackberry-10

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CristianI

Thanks for link, already seen but anyway I cannot find escreen:// and open help through web browser because for me doesn't work, it's opening anything else but not this one. Maybe I'm doing wrong.
In web browser tap escreen://, "go" and not opening engineer screen.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CristianI

Finally I did it with escren and all settings in help menu/Radio/APN. Even there phone won't let me save default APN. I'm afraid the only thing to do is to wait till BB will release an OS version fitted with my needs.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
narahari54
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi,

I cannot reach Diagnotic screen, Please help me

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

narahari54 wrote:

Hi,

I cannot reach Diagnotic screen, Please help me

It is explained clearly in this thread.

At what part of the process do you not succeed or find an error?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.