Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
narahari54
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: APN setting on the BB z10

Hi,

I have entered the geerated key(case Sensitive) 100 times however nothing is opening up. Please help me.

Thanks,

Hari

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Perhaps you didn't generate a valid escreen editing code when you entered your device IMEI.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
narahari54
My Device: Blackberry Z10

May I know how to generate valid escreen code. I have followed your post and did that.

JSanders

narahari54 wrote:

May I know how to generate valid escreen code. I have followed your post and did that.

Then I am not sure what it is that is wrong. The process works. I don't know why it is not working for you.

Again, the process is:

Open your browser, type escreen://   and enter it.  Click ok and the help screen will come up.

On your computer go to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/HelpScreen.html

Enter the information from your phones helpscreen into that generator and generate your key.  On a z10 swipe your keyboard up while looking at the helpscreen and enter that code.  On a q10 just type it.

Then you are in the engineering screens.  Go to General radio, scroll to set APN name and enter the apn you need.  Back out and the network will reset with the new apn.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mozillaboy
My Device: z10

hello my z10's can't connect the internet. because the apn config not complete by automatic. i living in japan and i using softbank iphone nano sim, when i update offical version 10.2.1.2102 the apn setting unable to setting. how can i do right now. please help me

New Contributor
mpaulino
My Device: Z10

Hi Guys,

For those struggling with this issue, here are some pointers.

1. When entering the codes to access escreen it is NOT case sensitive.

2. To swipe up the keyboard use to fingers swiping up from the bottom.

I hope this helps.

As for my case, I'm on Bell, soon to be on Rogers, and no one can help me with this issue.  APN's dont save.  Changing them on escreen does not update in HUB or in NFC.  Can't switch off the mobile radio, switches back on.  Tried different sims, and nothing.  Tried my sim on another Z10 which I am going to buy and it works fine.

Blackberry support doesn't comment or step in, thanks a lot, much appreciated!  That's all I have to say for now.

Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

All I can suggest is removing the memory card and performing a security wipe. Then insert the new sim when setting up.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
JSanders

craigashy wrote:

All I can suggest is removing the memory card and performing a security wipe. Then insert the new sim when setting up.

How does this affect the APN settings?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
tbakos
My Device: Z10 STL 100-3

It appears that no one has yet found a solution.  My problem is similar.

I have two unlocked Z10s.  Both STL 100-3's.  I used the first on AT&T and now on Consumer Cellular.

1. One is Model RFF91LW and has an AT&T logo on the back.  It is updated to 10.2.1.2179.  This Z10 can update, change, and set the APN with no problem and works perfectly.

2. The second is Model RFK120LW (a subset of the STL 100-3 phones).  I bought it to use on Consumer Cellular since the first one worked perfectly.  This phone has updated to 10.2.1.2102 .  This Z10 cannot update the APN.  I can enter numbers/letters in the APN filed but they don't save to the device.  I have tried setting the APN using the escreen approach but the same thing happens.  I can input an APN in the field, but it doesn't save.  Therefore, on this phone I get voice, text, BBM, and Data only through a WiFi network.

The phones have different SIM cards and different numbers both on Consumer Cellular.

This is very frustrating.  Both phones ought to work on the AT&T network Consumer Celluar uses but only one does. I thought they were as identical as they could be.

There are differences - slight, I thoujght.  Perhaps the second phone I bought doesn't know it is on an AT&T network and the OS version difference causes this?

I am getting a new SIM Card to try that out in case the SIM is defective. 

Can anyone explain this?

JSanders

Did you try the new SIM card?

Knowledge Base Updates