Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sickyute
My Device: Z10 Model: STL100-1

Re: APN settings on Bell Z10

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you'll know that I was having the same issue, however I did get it resolved by my service provider.

I brought it in today and had a technician look at it. He was having a bit trouble as everything looked correct on the system. He then passed it on to a more experience tech and he ask the previous guy to remove some service off the sim and reload them and it worked. I didn't ask for the details (which I should have, sorry) but from what gathered while listening, is that he basically wiped the sim clean and started fresh, reprogrammed the phone and it was good to go.

So its not the phone or BlackBerry but your service provider, at least that was the case on my end.

Other Information:

Unlocked phone (bought off amazon)
Model: STL100-1
I previously had a BIS plan and switch to normal data plan

New Contributor
or1970
My Device: Z10 STL100-2

[ Edited ]

Dear ViciousFerret,

I just contacted the Supportdesk of the MVNO which I use. The tell us that the APN settings are not at the SIM but on the device.

The MVNO did advice me to contact Blackberry.

The support employee tells me that there a (not by his knowledge) there are telco operators which program APN

settings at the SIM's and that the 3GPP standard gives not the possibility fill these in the elementery files (EF).

Can you explain me what the solution is?

Update and another question within this issue:

My MVNO tells me that there is a need for a Blackberry APN by the MVNO is that correct? So if this MVNO decide not to support a Blackberry APN the use of BB10 is impossible?

Regards,

OR1970

Contributor
eric-stewart
My Device: BlackBerry Q10, Z10 and 64GB PlayBook

I have an unlocked Bell Z10 and was travelling to the Dominican Republic last month.  When I inserted my roaming SIM card (www.brightroam.com) I *was* able to change my APN settings as they were *not* greyed out.  As others have reported, when I have my Bell SIM card in the phone, the APN settings *are* greyed out ("blackberry.net").  I have no problem with the carrier enforcing the correct APN settings for the phone/data plan when on their network as I'm sure this will prevent support calls as a result of their customers' changing these settings.

On Bell, changing the APN to "pda.bell.ca" results in data use being metered as "mobile browser" which is unlimited under some data plans.  I can see where this would be beneficial and I can also see why Bell would lock this down.

In summary.  I didn't have any problem with my unlocked Bell Z10.  YMMV.

New Contributor
or1970
My Device: Z10 STL100-2

Same here. I bought a unlocked STL100-2 in Thailand. I put my DTAC SIm in the device and no problem. The APN was editable but not nesscesary and everything worked fine.

I arrive in The Netherlands and put my NL SIM in the device and APN greyed out.

valerfankam
My Device: Z10

hi bro do only update after this you can change apn manualy

valerfankam
My Device: Z10

do only update for the last version 10.0.10

Developer
rocmon
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + 64GB MicroSD
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry support, I have 2 z10's unlocked from rogers... I'm in italy for a couple weeks and have purchased 2 data plans with noverca. on one of the phones i am able to update and save the apn to the correct value,but on the other phone it does not save the values i enter.

Can this be due to a software version issue? The phone which does not save is on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4633

peace and love
New Contributor
azaman
My Device: z10 stl100-3

Mine is the same problem, I can't save apn in my newly bought BlackBerry z10. And so can't connect to Internet. I'm using it in Bangladesh.