Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: APN settings on Bell Z10

Tweet BlackBerry about this problem. Get some publicity around it and hopefully they will address it sooner than later.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lunabel
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Wind

I am sorry but on my Z10 i can change the APN, why is that?

if i put the correct one i have internet, if i change it to something else i don't have.

If i reset it to default, it puts the one from my carrier which is gint.b-online.gr.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh

I don't know but I'd like to know that too. Where did you buy you phone, who is your carrier and where did you unlock it?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lunabel
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Wind

Got it from amazon.co.uk it was already unlocked I guess, my carrier is wind.

Another guy in this forum said that the carrier is the one that decides if they want to leave the APN field for Z10 unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh

It's all speculation right now though the theory that everyone is leaning to the most is that a list of APNs is actually encoded on the phone and depending on what network you join a certain APN gets chosen.  This makes sense with the fact that you can end up in a NULL APN scenario (meaning there is no APN address at all) but the fields still be grayed out.  It does not however explain why some phones have the APN fully unlocked (like yours).

Please use plain text.
Developer
barlowdot1
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

v10.0.10.261 APN settings should be open on BlackBerry10 devices. My company have their own APN that allow mobile users to connect to my company domain where they access resources and use the internet via my company proxy server. At the momonet I cannot set APN for all Z10 devices.

However iOS and Adroid so allow APN to be set. Without being able to set APN on BlackBerry10 we will not purchase BlackBerry 10 going forward

Please use plain text.
IANIS_SHEK
My Device: Bold 9790 Z10
My Carrier: CSL, Three HK , Macau CTM

For those that might need to travel to Asia , You will face the same issues .. Too , . Unable to change the APN , all pre paid card at the airport  won't work.....

..I have the Z10 for a Week , and luckily I have the Nexus 7 With me .. And   No Skype..  .  Don't buy.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jones50
My Carrier: China Mobile

Hi ,

I am in China and i am having the same problem ... i pay for my blackberry service every month and ontop of that it seem like i over use my data plan , even my service provider tells me , they dont know the cause , they even say i am using way too much internet bill on my phone, for just checking emails , cos i dont surff the internet with my Z10 , i only check email , reply , txt , call , that s it .. and i am paying 20 usd for that every month , but ever since i started using this new Z10 , i have been spending money on phone bills, and my service provider keep apologizing and refunding me back the used data i spent with out browing the internet , now they said inother to solve this problem , change your apn , but it was impossible to change it ... i never had this problem with my old BB ,  i am spending way too much on my bb plan , please advice on how i can change this or i will toss this phone and snap away from my die hard fan thing with BB , i am Candian living in Shanghai China , and i have never used anyother phone other than BB ever since BB came out ..and i remain loyal to BB for years and i am proud of my contries product but BLACK BERRY this is just disapointing .. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jones50
My Carrier: China Mobile

my service provider said , in other for my problem to stop , I should edit my Apn to blackberry.net , but since I cant edit my black bery apn , I will keep burning ridiculous amount of cash on my BB every month .
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kenjmrad
My Device: BLACKBERRY Z10
My Carrier: DIGITEL

hi to all people - i donn't speak english - i have a big problem, my bb z10 is unlocked and i inserted a simcard from digitel venezuela

the apn for digitel venezuela is gprsweb.digitel.ve and the z10 has inserted internet.digitel.ve this apn is not valid and i cann't use my bb z10 with my operator.......  help me please... thank's

spanish version: hola a todos tengo un gran problema mi bb z10 despues de una de las actualizaciones a insertado de forma automatica la apn de mi operador digitel venezuela de forma erronea internet.digitel.ve esa apn es invalida la correcta seria gprsweb.digitel.ve espero me puedan ayudar muchas gracias....

Please use plain text.