Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
11smo
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

AT&T update???

anybody any info on the update 10-1 from AT&T when are they releasing it??

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Carrier: ATT

Re: AT&T update???

Hello, 11smo

I don't think their is a confirm date yet.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sfebb

I switched from an iPhone 5, to a Blackberry Z10. Love the Z10, but really ticked about this update fiasco.

First, it's sometime in June. Now, it's sometime in July. At this rate 10.2 will be ready by December.

Do the folks that run BB know that jerking the public around is the worse thing a company can do?

AT&T passes the buck to Blackberry, Blackberry passes the same buck back to AT&T, in the meantime just about everyone in the world has 10.1 on their Z10.

And what about the Q10? What operating system is on that phone, you guessed it, 10.1.

Something very strange is going on, and I'm about to pay full price for another iPhone. And, don't even get me started on apps. Most of the new apps, will run on 10.1, well isn't that swell?

And for heavens sake, stop telling me I have the latest update, when I don't.

So, do I wait for two years to determine if anything Blackberry says is true, not a great track record from the reading I've or pay big bucks to Apple for another iPhone, and I don't want to do that since iOS7 is horrible.

Done ranting. Please excuse. Going to tap the update button again. Who knows, maybe I'll have the latest software version. NOT!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,748
My Carrier: Verizon

Seriously, ATT is lying to you if they say they are waiting and BlackBerry, and yea, BlackBerry should do away with allowing the carriers to control the OS update releases... equal responsibility.

If I were you, I'd install OS 10.1.0.2354 and get it done. That OS has been officially released by other carriers, I'm running it on mine for a month now, and it's an excellent release.

if you need help, just say.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
11smo

my sentiments exactly i am also so fed up with this waiting and waiting while everyone else has it. i was told it was to be out on the 1st July and thats not happened  i am having so many problems with my email that i also am thinking of just going to the iphone for peace  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sfebb

Thank you. It's good to know I'm not alone. About installing a leak, I have a Mac, and as I understand, it can't be done on a Mac. If you are aware of a work around, I'm all ears.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
11smo

hi j sanders well how have you got the update or are you with a different carrier than AT&T?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

No, you'll need a PC to perform the autoloader OS installation.

Let ATT know you want this update:  @ATTCustomerCare

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
11smo

can you be a bit more informative about how to get the upadate !!! 

thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Use these instructions below, and there is also a good illustrated step by step located here.

For Z10 models 100-2, -3, -4: Download the 10.1.0.2354 OS file here

For Z10 models 100-1: Download the 10.1.0.2354 OS file here

1. Download the file above. Extract it from the ZIP file if it is zipped. If it is a ".rar" file, you will need a WinRar unpacking app on your PC to extract the file.
  2. Connect your Z10 to the PC. Using Link, do a backup* of your phone.
  3. Locate the downloaded file and run the autoloader (double click on the EXE file) and a black DOS window appears indicating "Connecting to bootrom". The DOS window processes the install, and begins to load the OS. If you have a security passwored, you will be asked to enter it.
  4. When the OS loading is complete, your Z10 will reboot. Disconnect from the PC.
  5. At this point, I always hold down the top edge power button a couple of seconds and touch RESTART at the bottom right.
  6. Reconnect to the PC and perform your restore using BlackBerry Link.
  7. Now, you will need to reenter account passwords for email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

*Additional notes: When you backup using Link, you can make one total backup, or divide that backup into three different databases (Setup | Media | App Data). I always break that backup into the three different databases so that I can restore each separately because I have had some issues with a full restore failing in the App database restore, so then I can safely restore only Settings and Media.

Remember, this process does totally wipe your device, so the backup is important.

That said, it's relatively easy to do and your device will love it.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.