Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
jigsjoshi
My Device: z10

ATTENTION EXPERTS…. JSANDERS if i may insist ;)

Hello all....

Sorry to shout out loud but just reproducing some queries which didnt get satisfactory answers...... Kindly help...

As much as i am slowly loving my Z10... it can get a frustrating with all the loooooong cuts.......

A few of my queries are as follows....

Point no. 1......THE CAMERA SUCKS.... FOR A PHONE OF SUCH REPUTE THE CAMERA 8MP HAS A RED EYE PROBLEM...... IN LOW LIGHT IF U USE A FLASH THE PEOPLE IN THE PICS WILL LOOK LIKE FOXES OR WOLVES WITH RED EYES...... SUCKS..... TRIED EVERYTHING........ IS THERE A SOLUTION..... ?????? AND YES I HAVE TRIED RED EYE REDUCTION IN THE EDIT BUT THATS HARDLY ANY HELP..... RED EYE IS OBSELTE.... WAT WORLD R WE LIVING IN..... 

Point no. 2..... IT HAS A 16GB INTERNAL MEMORY BUT STILL IF I iNSERT A MEDIA SD CARD..... IT STARTS GIVING PREFERENCE TO THE CARD AND ANYTHING THAT U DOWNLOAD AS IN MUSIC OR VIDEOS OR A NEW DOC.... IT JUST GOES STRAIGHT TO THE MEDIA CARD AND DOESNT SHOW ON THE DEIVICE........ ANY WAY TO CHANGE THAT..... ???

Point no. 3..... THERE IS NO OPTION TO SHIFT THINGS FROM THE CARD TO THE PHONE MEMORY UNLESS U PLUG IT INTO UR LAPTOP...... AND EVEN AFTER THAT ITS AMAZINGLY COMPLICATED...... KINDLY THROW SOME LIGHT....

Point no. 4..... THE TWITTER IS OUTDATED AND REDUNDANT AND THERE ARE NO INTERESTING TWITTER CLIENTS LIKE UBERSOCIAL FOR OTHER PHONES........ 

Point no. 5.... ALL OF BBM HAS ONE SET OF NOTIFICATIONS..... MEANING IF I WANT TO STOP NOTIFICATIONS FOR A PARTICULAR BBM GROUP, THEN THERE IS NO OPTION..... ITS ALL OR NOTHING....THIS OPTION IS THERE IN THE OLDER BB PHONES..... R WE GOING FORWARD HERE OR BACKWARD... ?????

Point no. 6... CALL LOG IS SOOOOOOO LONG.... IN EARLIER PHONES IF MR.xyz HAS CALLED ME TWICE AND I HAVE MISSED HIS CALL OR CALLED HIM BACK.... ALL OF IT WILL COME UNDER HIS NAME AND HISTORY..... NOTHING LIKE THAT HERE....... KEEP SCROLLING BACK ENDLESSLY......  OR ELSE JUST GO TO HIS NAME IN CONTACTS TO CHECK HISTORY....... LONG CUTS AGAIN...... AGAIN R WE GOING FORWARD OR BACKWARD..... :smileywink:

Phewwww..... thats quite a lot for now...... plzzzzzzzz helppppp me out......... 

CHEERS....

JIGS :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: ATTENTION EXPERTS…. JSANDERS if i may insist ;)

Hi Jigsjoshi,

Jsanders is also a volunteer like the rest of the people on the forum. We can try to address some of your questions to the best of our ability. At the end, if you are not satisfied with the answers the vaolunteers provide you, your best option is to call your mobile provider and open a ticket on your issues.

Point 1 - I am a semi pro photographers and the cause of the red eye is not the fault of the camera. Its the flash coming back from the retina. If you were to take the exact same shot, with same angle with any point and shoot camera or smartphone, you would get the same results. The angle of reflection is the key.  Here is a nice article on it.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question51.htm

Point 2 - For your SD card, you should first format it with the z10 before you use it, so it doesn't have issues. You have the option in all the applications to save to device instead of SD card (Pictures, video, settings, Save to Device), In appworld, the same things, go into settings and save to memory card OFF.  If you look at all your app's it gives you the option to save to memory card or Device. 

Point 3 - If you want to shift things around from your card to device, the best program is to use file manager on the z10.. You can move or copy entire folders.. 

Point 4 -  Twitter was just updated on March 28, better than before but still needs improvements. What I see on the net, twitter is in the testing stages of a new and better version.  If you need ubersocial, I understand they are currently working on a version for the z10, send them a quick email and I am sure you will get a response when they will be releasing it on the z10.

Part 5. BBM part, I dont use groups, so I can't answer your question.

Part 6.  Call log is very easy. Open your phone app, click and hold on the number that called you, a little slider appears on the right right (circle with i) view call details. This shows you all your call details when, minutes times,.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jigsjoshi

Helllloooo......

Thanx so much for ur answers...... I do understand that all of u r volunteers here but yeah a few know more and few know less thats why the preference but that in no way means that we dont appreciate the efforts of the community here...... Its a great forum...... :smileyhappy:

As far as the camera goes.... u r completely off my friend...... red eye is a thing of the past and it doesnt exist in modern cams and it is the way modern flashes r located...... in the past i have been clicking away with my nokias and then my my blackberry bold 3 and there was no trace of a red eye from watever angle u shoot..... 

The call log just gives u info of that particular call..... for the history u gotta go the the contact list...... that wasnt the case in the earlier BBs.

Thanx for ur help anyways........... appreciate it.... :smileyhappy:

Cheers......

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunrace
My Device: Not Specified

Red Eye is certainly thing of past. Even in phones or cameras worth lesser than 100$. Initially I was surprised my self that there is this problem with a phone worth 1000$. I though it has something to do with I am shooting the pic. But when I clicked same subject with Samsung Note - no red eye. Now retina in subjects eye doesn't know which phone is clicking away right?

So it isn't retina's fault. BlackBerry needs to provide fix. If they can't then should say they can't and move on. We will conclude that we need to look for another phone or camera when we want photos without red eye. Z10 is good phone but red eye isn't good for BlackBerry to be number one.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

5 might be addressed in OS 10.1

next time please dont post in CAPS. give us a head ache and i usually ignore my children when they scream. once calmed down i do listen

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Visitor
soleman
My Device: blacberyy z10

Hi ,if I can ask why the red eye?? Just bought the z10 and have red eye for the first time in years .
didn't happen with the 9800 isupposedly UPgraded from.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sk8er_tor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

You will see more red-eye because the flash on the Z10 is powerful. That said, I see red-eye on the iPhone a lot of the time. Anyway, all you need to do is after you take the picture, go to the picture and click Edit and use the photo editor. Click Enhance and then choose the Red eye Reduction button.

Regarding moving files from the media card to the device and vice versa, this can be simply done right on the Z10. Go to your File Manager and do it from there. The Z10 has the best file manager I've seen on any smartphone.

And why would you want to save items to your device memory instead of the media card? You should always save to the media card! BlackBerry gave us this great option and you don't want it? Here's an examply why saving to the media card is valuable.... Your drop your phone in water and the phone dies and becomes unusable. If you saved everything to the device, you're out of luck. If you saved them to the memory card, all your files are saved!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

please don't use caps. This is not a legal text.

#1 is partially fixed with OS 10.1.
The issue is that the flash is adjacent to the camera, which is the best recipe for the red-eyes (for humans) and white eye (for dogs & cats).
use no flash & night setting will always give better results anyway, except if it is a very dark night.

#3 you were given an answer... that is also in the Z10 manual. I advise you to read the manual before posting in caps.

#5 with OS 10.1, you can open each group and configure it to not appear in the Hub.
and then activate notification sounds for BBM, in the end BBM will only notify-ring for 1on1 BBM messages

#6 you proposed a workaround (searching for the person in the contacts app), and I find this workaround much faster than using the phone log anyways.

and the motto of BlackBerry 10 is not "going forward", it is "keep moving".

BlackBerry 10 is quite young, and not every difference compared to BlackBerry 7 is "going forward". For power users, there are many regressions.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jigsjoshi

Helloooo people....

My apologies for using caps.... Didnt know it would bother people soooo much... Sorry about that...

Thanx u all for the wonderful response... i really appreciate it, but hey as much as the Z10 is amazing in a lot of ways it sucks in other ways...

R we already on the 10.1 ??? the update hasnt come to us here in INDIA

and no the red eye is defi not forgivable........ yes the edit offers red eye reduction but it hardly removes the red eye.... i have tried it......

Nobody really answered my question 2... how do i stop the phone from preferring my media card while dowloading stuff ???

Wat about the twitter ???? Sucks again 

The BBM notifications.... nothing has changed there either..... 

The worst and the weirdest is that it has a different set of contacts lists..... like from ur regular interface when u go into contacts its a different list and when u r on ur call log or dialler and u go into contacts its different.... by mistake all my facebook contacts merged with my phone contacts and i put it off so they dont show up..... but in the regular contact list they dont show but in the dialler contact list they do........ 

Last but not the least the MAPS only recognizes the USA so far and it doesnt recognize any other country maybe except canada.... coz i am in INDIA and it doesnt recognize any locations...... really dumb.....

and hey if the motto is to keep moving by going backwards.... then there is something really wrong there..... In this day and age we try to better things in life...... 

Please use plain text.