Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Accounts going into "not connected" mode

Hello everyone,

I've got a Gmail account (incl. Mail, Calendar and Contacts) and an "enterprise" account (Domino + Traveler) configured on my Z10. All these accounts (but Gmail's Contacts more often than the others) go into "not connected" mode - as shown in Settings->Accounts - on a regular basis, I'd say about once a week. I've got the following questions:

- if this is a internet or service connection problem, why don't they get out of "not connected" mode automatically, once the connection to the server is re-established? The internet connection on the Z10 isn't that flaky, and even when on WiFi, the account doesn't automatically get out of "not connected". It can't be a server problem either, because  modifying the "not connected" account results in working/syncing account again.

- is there a way to force such an account be "re-cheked" manually, in order to take it out of "not connected" mode? The only way I've found up until now is to go into Edit, modify some field, e.g. Description, and Save - but this is pretty cumbersome.

Thanks,

Andrei

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Accounts going into "not connected" mode

Hello,

I don't (and can't) know the technical specifications behind this, but typically devices (especially mobile) are designed to check a few times, but not forever...any forever actions on a mobile device can seriously impact battery life. My guess is that it checks some number of times, and then has to give up so as to conserve battery power, leaving it to the human to resolve.

When this has happened to me, I've had some success going into and out of Airplane mode. I've also had times when I just had to resupply the password credentials for all accounts. And still other times when a reboot was necessary.

Like all things, this very new device/OS will have issues that we all hope will be addressed in future OS releases. But, there is no user accessible setting to help with this situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: z10

Have had email connections drop out every day until I notice and re enter my email password in setup.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850

Mine did this. I went through googles two step authentication process. Haven't had the issue since.