Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
aanipun9
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Activation Error- BBM on Z10

Suddenly my bbm on z10 has stopped working.. its giving error of Server and couldn't be activated... have called my service provider but thry arr unable to help... New problem now... Whats the use of BlackBerry without bbm????

Need a solution plz... Help...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kalganum
My Device: Z10

Re: Activation Error- BBM on Z10

Hi there,

Same issue I am using a Z10 in France with SFR as provider and roughly 1h30 ago my BBM stopped working.

I received a BBM msg and could not read it.

BBM tried to connect the server to get identification and return a temporary server error message. "can not complete setup"?

Can you let us know if it is a server issue or a Z10 problem?

I have restarted twice (soft and hard reset) without any improvement.

I have seen on the forum people complaining of this in February...

Please provide some return and help.

Thank you

Kal.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GranReviewsmo
My Device: Z10 STL-100

Same here, like an hour ago. Posting here as well to keep this at the top of the support pages.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aanipun9

Need a reply from blackberry soon...

Thanks guyz for support
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

aanipun9 wrote:
Need a reply from blackberry soon...

Thanks guyz for support

Refer please to this information at the top of every page of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

If indeed you need a reply from BlackBerry, then this site is not the place to obtain that. Sadly, when you contacted your carrier, they provided you with an answer that sounds more like they fobbed you off rather than truly tried to help you. You see, contractually, BlackBerry can provide no front line support for anything -- that is the responsibility (contractually) of the carriers, service centers, and authorized resellers. Each of them has the ability to escalate cases formally up to BlackBerry that require it, but end users have no ability to bypass that contractually required formal process.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aanipun9

But blackbeery should provide with some kind of solution... What i have learned from net searching that this is a common in BB10... Than why is it not rectified till yet???? Is blackberry not responsible for the problem users are facing???

I bought the hand-set from authorized seller listed on blackberry website... Than why should my stupid carrier provider solve my problem...

This reply is not acceptable to me... It will only make spread bad words for BB10 in my friends group...
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

aanipun9 wrote:
This reply is not acceptable to me... It will only make spread bad words for BB10 in my friends group...

Why would you spread 'bad words' about people here who are trying to help you? That's sad that you would do that.

Why don't you help us understand what is happening, so may be we can try to help you. WE ARE NOT EMPLOYEES of BlackBerry.

If you need official support from BlackBerry, call Vodafone India and get transferred to BlackBerry.

BUT, please don'e be rude and tell us you're going to say "bad words" about us.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

aanipun9 wrote:
But blackbeery should provide with some kind of solution... What i have learned from net searching that this is a common in BB10... Than why is it not rectified till yet???? Is blackberry not responsible for the problem users are facing???

I bought the hand-set from authorized seller listed on blackberry website... Than why should my stupid carrier provider solve my problem...

There are plenty of other threads that debate the merits of the BB support model -- please feel free to wander to one of them to hold that debate. But that debate is pointless to your situation.

When you purchased your device as well as signed up for your services, you entered into a contract for your support. Service-related support always begins with the carrier, and device-related support always begins with the place of purchase. Sometimes, an authorized service center can be involved -- it varies by region. But, nevertheless, regardless of if you "like" the support model or not, that is not relevant to the fact that you agreed to it when you entered into your contracts, and are now bound by it (just like all other parties that are likewise bound to it).

I can assure you that BlackBerry does care about the situation, it's just that they, like you, are contractually bound to the support model that exists. If you wish for something to be formally dealt with, then you must follow the formal support model to which you are contractually bound. Any other path is folly.

I'm also not stating that your "stupid carrier provider solve" your problem...rather, they are your contractually required first step for any and all service-related formal support. They can escalate your case up to BlackBerry if they cannot deal with it, and formal escalation is the only path by which to receive formal attention from BlackBerry.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aanipun9

You got me wrong buddy... "BAD WORDS" for blackberry products and not this forum...

I tried contacting Blackberry through twitter also.. Have already tried taking help from Vodafone India helpline... No use...

And mine problem is not the first once.. Lots of users worldwide are facing same problem...

When ever i am trying to open bbm.. It is showing 'Temporary Server Error'... Vodafone guys are saying "All your data services are running successfully.. We cant help further.."...

Now whats the solution
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Have you yet tried a device reboot?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.