Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
michij23
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 393930665071

Activesync Folder sorting

Hello, 

I'm working on Z10 and Activesync email with my Outlook Exchange 10.

Everything works fine except the fact that the folders are not sorted by name and subfolders are not under the mother folder.

Once I create a new folder in my outlook, the sync immediately works and filing emails is perfect.

My only problem is that all folders are visually not sorted by name and by subfolders, but they are shown random.

Is there any place where I can setup the folder sorting rule ?

Thanks for your help

Mic.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Activesync Folder sorting

Hey michik23,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Currently there is no way to change the sorting of Folders and Sub folders in BlackBerry Hub.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jjang
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

This is a known problem with bb is reviewing. I know this as I was the reporter or this issue to bb Way I have been able to figure out, the order is not actually random, but rather the order it was created post the initial active sync. Some work arounds are as follows. Sometimes deleting the active sync account in its entirety and resetting up resolves this problem as it appears to be creation order after the initial sync This doesn't always appear to work, but does in 90% of the cases we found in our office. The ugly fix to this is to create new sun folders in alphabetical order. Move the mail into those folders and delete the original folders. Yes I know it is ugly but it works The ideal fix is for bb to fix this problem, but that doesn't appear to be coming soon at all
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
michij23
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 393930665071

Thank you for the feedback.

I'm "glad" to know I'm not the only one having this issue.

Actually, a part this issue, Activesync is working really well, therefore I'm afraid to reset everything after many difficulties I had at the beginning.

I will eventually try your second solution, even if it is the longer one.

TKS again

Mic.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maralav
My Device: Bold 9700 & Playbook
My Carrier: T-mobile

I've been having this same problem on my Playbook and a new Z10 device. Is there anyting that can be done when adding the account to somehow control the sync order and get the folders/subfolders to sort alphabetically?

Please use plain text.
hinhk
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Smartone

I notice that this issue was reported in March 2013, but this is still the case from what I get on our Exchange / Active Sync set ups.   Is there any sorting fix in view from Blackberry?

Many thanks

Regards,

H

Please use plain text.