Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
tarv12
My Device: z10 and playbook

Activesync problem with 10.1 MR

After the update to 10.1 MR my activesync account always tells me "your login information for account(...) has changed or is incorrect.  Update your login information and try again."  I enter the info and it syncs then within 10 minutes it does it again.  My wife still has the older OS and it works perfectly.  This is getting pretty fustrating, any help would be great.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Activesync problem with 10.1 MR

Hi and Welcome to the Community

You did not reveal if this is GMail or not, but just in case:

• KB34651 Gmail account on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone becomes invalid intermittently with the error "Your login information for IMAP server [imap.gmail.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings."

It is possible, I suppose, that this applies to other email service providers as well.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tarv12
My Device: z10 and playbook

Thanks, it's not a Gmail account, it is for my work email

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, it's possible that KB nevertheless applies. It's also possible there are other KBs...you can search that database. It's also possible that something went wrong with your OS update...and a reload might be needed. It's also possible that there is something wrong with your services, in which case you'd need to contact your mobile service provider. It's also possible that your server has some issue with your account, in which case you need to contact those admins.

There are many possibilities for you to investigate, likely even some I've not listed.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ThomasMal
My Device: Z10

Hello Community, i have the same problem but more serious one since it has to do with my business account and the message returns always the same. Could you please help on that and give any possible hints?

thank you.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ThomasMal wrote:

Hello Community, i have the same problem but more serious one since it has to do with my business account and the message returns always the same. Could you please help on that and give any possible hints?

thank you.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To save everyone precious time, please read (and attempt) what is already posted in this thread. Please report back with exact results of all you try.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ThomasMal

Hello,

thanks for the answer. I hav already read all the information but i could not find a solution and mails are not working.

the only i think is that with my previous phone (a 9860) I had a BES subscription. is there any possibility that this is the cause that now mail are not working, because i know that Z10 does not need a BES subscription. in this case i will cancel my BES subscription.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

What you suspect is possible. With BIS/BES, there is no utility for the carrier-level subscription on BB10, where such is actually required for legacy BBOS. In some cases, it is reported that having a BIS/BES level carrier subscription causes no issues for BB10, even if it is not technically used. But, on further other carriers, it is reported that having a BIS/BES level subscription from the carrier actually impedes BIS/BES level functions on BB10. Which carriers have problems and which do not is totally unknowable...only your carrier might be able to answer that. But, if you suspect this to be the cause, then certainly dropping your BES-level subscription could be a first step to attempt.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ThomasMal

Actually, what i read in my carrier's "HELP" page is that BES is not supported in Blackberry 10 software. So i will call them tomorrow to find out if this is the cause and then I will return back to you if the problem insists.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Actually, while returning here may provide you with additional advice, in no way can it result in any changes to any systems if such is necessary to get things working. As a user-to-user volunteer-supported community, no one here has access to anything of any formal nature whatsoever. All we can do is provide you with advice as to how to proceed.

If dropping the BES account does not resolve your situation, then you may need to consider more drastic actions such as WIPE of your device and re-activation on BES, removal and re-adding to BES, and even reloading of your device OS. But, truly, the best resources to dig deeply into your situation are your carrier and your BES admins...no one else has adequate access to truly look deeply at anything regarding your specific situation.

Good luck and do let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.