Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Add Home Shortcut to Z10?

Consumers Magazine gave the z10 a very positive review except for the frequent "no home button" complaint.  I don't find the two swipes to get back a big deal but  am assuming that if the complaints turn into a crescendo I am assuming that BB could add that functionality in future OS releases somehow...

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Add Home Shortcut to Z10?

[ Edited ]

Not a chance.

That's the whole idea behind BB10, not having to go through your homescreen every time you want to move on to another app.  BB10 was designed to use swipes efficiently to move around your phone and having a Home button would defeat that purpose.  Getting back to your homescreen on the Z10 can be done in as little as one swipe, depending on what you're currently doing.  If you REALLY need a home button, other smartphone platforms have it, but have a look at all the positive press the Z10 is getting for its design and decide if that's really what you need.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.