Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
chumzchoong
My Device: Z10

After update latest OS 10.2.1.2941, my BBZ10 all system freeze.

Hi,

I am new in here.

Last monday, I had updated my BB Z10 to latest OS. And it was all fine until ysterday night.

Suddenly all the app in the phone cannot open even though i still can see all the apps icon there.

No pull down screen to view the alarm clock.

No lock screeen, i means the screen saver.

Can't even open the setting to do all the security wipe.

The wifi is always on whenever i restart the phone.

and my battery is drain very fast and could feel the heat at the behind of the phone.

I have reset the phone thousand of times but seems nothing resolve.

well, these few days i did download some songs from an android app.

Is anyone know what is the problem?

Need you help to help me to resolve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: After update latest OS 10.2.1.2941, my BBZ10 all system freeze.

It sounds like you may have installed something that maybe you shouldn't have.  First try using BB Link to make a full backup.  Then use an autoloader to reinstall the OS.  I recommend an autoloader since you're unable to even get to Settings to do a wipe.  The autoloader will reinstall the OS fresh and allow you to setup the device again. 

If Link is able to make the backup you can restore that backup but beware that the problem could be restored, as well.  I recommend not restoring that backup.

To perform a Security Wipe please follow the instructions below. Be sure and use BB Link to make a full backup before proceeding with the wipe:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

Once the wipe is complete you can restore your backup.  Again, keep in mind that data in the backup may be the source of the original problem and restoring it may restore the problem, as well. To alleviate this I recommend not restoring the Settings portion of the backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chumzchoong

Hi John, thanks for the sharing. Maybe you are right because yesterday i update some apps. maybe those apps cause problem to my phone :smileysad:

When i link my Z10 to PC BBlink, it showed my phone is connected but at the window it show msg like below

"Cannot Communicate with Device

Try to reconnecting your device to computer. If the device doesn't respond, click Reload. Blackberry Link will restore your device to factory settings by reinstalling the device software.

Reconnect     Reload    "

I click reconnect, nothing seems to be connected.

then i click reload but not successful.

I cannot backup my phone :'(

What should i do now? i feel wanna cry coz i just bought it 3 months ago.

Is there any way i can solve it my own because i am working in Vn now and my phone bought in M'sia.

If really no idea, then i guess i need to wait until my holiday back M'sia and take for repair.

Anyway, thanks ya.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

We can probably reload the OS with an autoloader.  However, any data you had saved on the device itself (not the media card, if installed) will be lost.

Use the following post and just pick the newest 10.2.1 version for your device model number:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chumzchoong

Hi John,

The USB cable must be a BB cable? If other brand (or no brand) USB cable, is it usable?

Coz i use my powerbank USB cable seems not able to connect.

While use the HTC USB cable, it showed the error msg at my previous reply.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Here is the thing about cables. There are USB cables out there that are for charging only and won't transfer data. If you're using one of those cables it won't work. Using the BB supplied cable ensures you're using one that supports both charging and data transfer.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chumzchoong

Hi John,

I had factory reset my phone, even thought all my data and file was gone but  as long as it still WORKING!

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

So, you were able to reload with an autoloader?
Please use plain text.
vinay9300

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my Z10.

This started a couple of days back, certainly after I installed the new update 10.2.1.2941.

I remember installing android apps(amaon, chess app) using an apk file.

After the installation for a few days all was ok.

But 2 days back I see that none of the apps open up.

They just dont open.
 After a restart of the device, it worked properly. all apps opened up.

It happened again, so I did a security wipe. (I did a manual backup and restore of the data on the device.)

But today, it happened again and I dont have any android apps installed.

I dont know what to do.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raisudhakar
My Device: Blackberry Z10

i m facing the same problem. cleared BB world cache, wiped data, did factory resetting, removed battery, sim card, sd card... but its not working... really frustrating.... 

any solution????

Please use plain text.