Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: koodoo

An odd problem with receiving messages

I got my Z10 for Xmas -- love it! It's been working wonderfully up till a few days ago. I have two email accounts, one Gmail, and the other through my business. For some reason, i'm receiving all my messages on my Z10, but now nothing is downloading on my computer. 

I've check the server, and no new messages are there, so my conclusion is that the Z10 is deleting the messages when it downloads them. This is new ... it use to leave them there. 

I have check the phone in settings, but I'm at a loss where this option is hiding. Can anyone offer a suggestion? 

I need my mail to download on my computer too ... so I can print and work with the messages from customer.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: An odd problem with receiving messages

[ Edited ]

For clarification: the emails remain on the phone, but are gone from the server? Or, are you deleting from the phone and then find they are gone from server? If you delete (unless you have a pop account) from the phone it will delete on the server.

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If the Z10 is updated to OS 10.2.1, you will have the setting option to delete on handheld only or delete on server and handheld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

This doesn't happen when I delete messages. They just don't show up on my desktop and once they are on my Z10, they disappear from the server. 

New Contributor

Yes, emails are on phone -- from a POP3 account as well as a Gmail account. Not on server, not deleted from phone.  Before, I would receive messages on phone, and then when I open up my email in Thunderbird, nothing downloads. I've used mail2web to access the email through a back door, but the messages are no longer on the pop3 server. I have a server-side email program open, and nothing is in my inbox. The messages are on the phone. Previously, it wasn't until I opened Thunderbird than the messages were downloaded and then deleted off the server. 

In gmail, the same thing is not happening. The messages remain in gmail remotely, and on the phone. However, they don't download into Thurnderbird. Perhaps there is a problem with Thunderbird ... but this just started happening Monday. 

New Contributor

Problem has resolved itself ... don't know why, but it seems to be working as expected again.