Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
fayw
My Device: z10

Another OS upgrade problem

What next? My bluetooth headset is now not connecting and because the bluetooth menu is not accessible since the upgrade... yes, you guessed it. I'm amazed at what is going on and also that I hadn't heard before about all these foulups. If I had I never would have upgraded. I guess everyone thinks it is just an individual or personal thing.

Does anyone have a solution other than changing to an iPhone?

Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: Z10

Re: Another OS upgrade problem

You say the Bluetooth menu is not accessible, are you reffering to the menu at the bottom of the screen or the main option.

If you can get to the main option, turn Bluetooth off. Reset your phone: while powered on hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Try Bluetooth again, no luck try the below.

You can reset your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

You might want to check here before you switch to a iPhone:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iphone

Contributor
fayw

The settings icon doesn't open settings when you tap in fact it just makes the swipe down menu fly up and close. Likewise the blutooth icon in the swipe down menu. Nor will the settings menu open up from the main home screen.

This is seriously poor for such an expensive item. I have had a few blackberrys but never had it sabotaged by the manufacturers themselves. I still can hardly believe it.

Forums Advisor III
fyip

Well, consider the Factory Reset, you have nothing to lose except some time and a little sanity.

Contributor
fayw

Sanity went last night!

Contributor
fayw

Said it had finished reloading (factory settings) but just  flashed a red light and didn't turn on :-(  Trying again... another two hours, then what?

Contributor
fayw

Finally came on again. Tragically the backup has installed the useless upgrade and now the email isnn't working.

Forums Advisor III
fyip

Remove the email, power off, power on and add back the email.

New Contributor
Gerihul
My Device: Blackberry Z10

After upgrading to the new software, I am unable to save images to my picture folder from my email!!!

This is really annoying and frustrating!!

Anybody know how to go back to the older OS??

Contributor
fayw

Thanks for all the advice over the weekend. I made a new backup and after two attempts managed to restore the factory settings. Restoring the files of course restored the new upgraded OS but at least the settings menu worked this time so I could get most of the other things to work. I have an older back up with the old OS but for some reason it was really difficult to get the link to accept the files to restore - no idea how it worked but I feared if I tried again it wouldn't.

The headset is working again. The email didn't work for a while but repeated turning off and removing battery and rebooting seems to have got it going though there is some hesitation.

I am exhausted and still upset because it has all been so difficult. I will not do any more OS upgrades myself. Blackberry has been really disappointing (and I have had them for years through thick and thin when all my friends have iphones) and only the people on this forum have been any help. I am going to buy a basic mobile phone with a prepaid card and carry around my trusty laptop!

Clearly lots of people with upgrade problems. A great pity because the BB in principle is better than the iphone et al.