Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Answering incomming calls while paired to bluetooth speakerphone

On my Bold 9900, when an incoming call came in, there was an option on my screen to take the call on my handset instead of the connected bluetooth device. I only today realized I don't have that option with the Z10 or at least can't find the option in settings to set it up properly..  If I'm wrong and am missing something in settings, any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Answering incomming calls while paired to bluetooth speakerphone

Answer it and then touch the top-left selector which will have a "bluetooth headpiece" icon and it will allow you to swap it to either the handset or the speakerphone.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

tickerguy wrote:

Answer it and then touch the top-left selector which will have a "bluetooth headpiece" icon and it will allow you to swap it to either the handset or the speakerphone.

Don't ask me how I missed that but THANK YOU tickerguy !!  Thanks for the speedy reply...  You've been a great help !

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy

The dialer took me a bit to get used to as I was coming from Android where it's very different.

The thing is that the way BB10 works is far more-intuitive if you're not ingrained in that which was not but you adapted to it over time. 

One of the things people have said, for example, is that if you miss a call and have voicemail from it that from the "missed calls" screen if you touch that you'll call the person back and not listen to the visual voicemail.  Well, yeah, you're on the missed calls screen!  :smileyhappy:  It took me a bit to unlearn the ingrained "that's actually intuitively wrong but it's how my last phone did it" things..... 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

when using my BlackBerry HS 700, i just say "ANSWER"

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy

You're assuming the headset is on your head.  If I put my Plantronics on, it answers automatically.  If it's on I say "answer" when it asks.  But if it's not.....

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

tickerguy wrote:

You're assuming the headset is on your head.  If I put my Plantronics on, it answers automatically.  If it's on I say "answer" when it asks.  But if it's not.....

if it isnt on then it wont answer just like my wife wont :Innocent:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.