Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jasa98
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange UK

Anyone noticing very dim screen when playing movies?

Blackberry default was about 50% brightness; Fine for me for daily use. Then I noticed my movies were way too dark. I tried ramping up the brightness to full and while it has the desired effect on other screens it just doesn't seem to do enough on the movies. The problem is compounded if you try to watch a movie in a dark environment as the screen dims more in dark environments due to the light sensor. Wondering whether a lot of people are seeing this and if they are whether it is hardware or software related.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Anyone noticing very dim screen when playing movies?

It's been OK for me. Make sure you're not putting your finger over the light sensor near the forward facing camera.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasa98

No, I'm not doing that. In fact, I did it on purpose to see just how dim it would go in a very dark room. What brightness setting do you have your phone set to?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Slightly over half way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasa98

Maybe I'll have to get the same clip and load it on a store phone and put the two side by side to demonstrate if my phone has a fault or not.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkgupta
My Device: 2014 z10
My Carrier: airtel

Blackberry rubish
Please use plain text.