Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
chippermon
My Device: playbook, Z10
Accepted Solution

Assign a downloaded ringtones to a contact

hello all. 

using dropbox, i was able to import ring tones to my z 10. I am able to utilize them by navigating through the files but only for all contacts as a group.  When I try to assign a specific downloaded ring tone to a specific contact I am unable to access my new downloaded files. In the drop down box there is no link to other music files. 

Must I save them to a different folder? If so, where and how? I need different ringtones for different contacts but the phone does not come with enough acceptable options. Please help.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Assign a downloaded ringtones to a contact

Download it from your drop box, to any folder on your device or sd card, You can use file manager to move the folder to a desiered location.  From you contacts select your contact, edit it,  select phone rign tone, it will pull down all your sound files from you z10 including music files.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chippermon
My Device: playbook, Z10

Re: Assign a downloaded ringtones to a contact : SOLVED

OK. There it is. I think the confusion stemmed from my inability to properly move from one folder to another in file manager.  There are three dots on the lower left that allow access to a third screen where Dropbox resides. It all seems rather simple now.

Thanks

Wow. What a phone!

Please use plain text.