Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
arthor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

Attaching pictures (screen shots) to emails

Hi,

I tried attaching pictures or screen shots while i composed an email. However when i go into attach --> pictures, it goes under camera and there are no pictures that i taken with my phone (specially the screen shot pictures of my phone desktop).

I then tried file to only enter my sdcard which doesn't have the pictures that i taken of the phone desktop either. 

Can someone tell me how i can set it up so i can find the pictures i take with my phone?

only way i got this to work is to start from the pictures to share them by email but not vise versa.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
walcom
My Device: Blackberry Torch2 9810 & 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Glo Nigeria

Re: Attaching pictures (screen shots) to emails

have u tried to take pictures with your Z10 and then navigate the file system to know where those pictures are stored by default?

i believe pointing the attachment app to the right location should allow you to select the picture you want to attach to your email
I love me some berry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arthor

Currently when i take pictures with my blackberry its stored under the picture app that comes defaultly with the blackberry. It's also under the "camera" tab in pictures app. But i cannot see anything under camera when i try to attach a picture to my email

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Are you trying to find the "screen shot photo" or a "photo taken from the blackberry z10 camera??"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arthor

either because neither of them work currently

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

arthor wrote:

either because neither of them work currently

The screen shot are by default saved on the device in the camera folder 

The photos taken with the camera are by default saved on the SD card in the camera folder 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arthor

Sorry but that still doesn't tell me anything because I don't see any pictures when I try to attach them

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arthor

Hi I found out where exactly the pictures were going. Now my question is can I make it so pictures I take defaultly go into the sd camera folder or sd picture folder instead of the device -> misc -> android -> DCIM

Because if it always goes there then I will have to manually move all my pictures to my sd card every single time. Is there a way to set where pictures go by default ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arthor

Actually I figured out how to change it so pictures are always stored on the sd card now so you don't always have to change them manually like the above post.

Open your camera app-> pull down from the top to reveal the setting-> turn on save pictures on media card

If you don't do this you need to change the location of your pictures from decivice to your sd card each time so you can attach them to emails and such.

If possible I wish blackberry could add the device itself as a place to search for pictures when using attach on emails. 

Please use plain text.