Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Audio/Video out of sync. Big issue numerous people.

This was my original post on crackberry:

When I put a video on my Z10 and play it the audio and video are fine but gradually the audio goes out of sync with the video. It's frustrating and annoying as ****. Anyone know a fix or have this issue also? 

These are the replies from other people with the same issues:

1."Yeah, I'm getting this too. In fact, for me, it's not just happening on videos I have stored on the phone, it's happening to YouTube videos and other streamed videos too."

2."Same here.. i have the same problem"

3."Same here!...."

4."Samesies. YouTube for sure."

5."Yepp same here, it seems to gradually get worse."

6."well i really hope they fix this quickly as I do a lot of that on my current phone. really hoping the next update fixes this as bb10 is otherwise a great platform"

7."It happens with all my videos, tends to be worse with increasing video quality. Really annoying."

8."This is a real problem. I bought my BlackBerry z10 yesterday with big hopes to keep some movies on it. Yesterday I got an hdmi with it and plugged it into my tv loaded up a movie in the videos app and the video and audio out of sync makes it unwatchable. Very disappointed!"

9."Hopefully, in coming 10.1 update, they will address it... Meanwhile If anyone finds an alternative video player, please share.."

10. "Good to know it's not only me. 

Watched skyfall started out in English but with the out of sync it seemed like I was watching it as a foreign movie."

11."When it happens, just go back in the movie a little bit(30 seconds) and it syncs back up, for a while."

There are more people as well. Obviously this is an issue Blackberry needs to look at since so many people are having it. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Audio/Video out of sync. Big issue numerous people.

Thanks for mentioning this, I will pay attention when watching youtube. I usually just listen and my mind wanders, so I don't watch. will now

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

This all has to do with video formats and codecs and without telling any of us what that is you will never find an answer and I hate the word crackberry let's lose it respectfully.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Really?! Crackberry.com is the site I originally posted the issue on. So respectfully you can relax buddy
New Developer
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Singtel

I have updated my z10 to 10.1 but the audio and video sync issues are still there.  The audio lags after a few minutes.  Some video's sync issues have been fixed though but not all vids.  I know this is codec issues coz the video files are all ok when played on a Mac.  Sad thing is I've tried most crappy media players available on BB World to no avail.

I have bought my z10 to watch movies from my microSD card and use the HDMI function to watch on a big TV.  It becomes unbearable after a few minutes of playing.  I'm so disappointed.

Blackberry needs to do something about this if they want users to see the z10 as an 'entertainment device' too.