Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Auto shut off and turn on

How can i make the z10 auto shut off at a specific time at night and turn itself on in the morning. My BB bold had this option.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Auto shut off and turn on

I don't believe that feature is supported any longer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Carrier: Bell

I hope this feature is included in the next OS update. Does anyone have a reason why it is no longer available? It was a fantastic feature for saving the battery. The Z10 is a battery killer any help would be appreciated.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

There are many little tweaks and features that are missing.  I was late for work yesterday as the Alarm did not turn on the phone like it does on my Torch.     I think these ideas were not abondoned and would assume they are coming.

I suspect in part they did not want to delay the phone launch for another year as then  it would be old technology.  It is ashame they missed a couple of the majpor features like Outlook sync.  

Watch for many OS updates.   We were the beta testers :smileyhappy: 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
My Device: Z10 stl100-3

It's a shame this feature is missing.  Got to bring it back!!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed!  Auto On/Off was my favorite feature from my Bold.

I understand they want to attract new people to the platform, but a little more effort needs  to go into providing us faithful who have stuck with them all the great things that make it a Blackberry.

Other expected features that are missing:   

-  't' to go to the top of a list or message, 'b' to go to the bottom

- a hardware button to answer phone calls --- "swipe down" doesn't work for me esp. if I am loaded up with grocery bags

- a way to select multiple emails at once and delete them

I would also like to see an option to keep email, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc, people OUT of the contacts list that appears in the phone dialer.

Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Auto shut off and turn on

[ Edited ]

If you want to select more than one message for deletion, it is easy to do.  if you click on the 3 dots at the bottom right, you will see a setting called "Select More".  Touch this icon and you will then be able to select multiple messages.

A lot of the same features are on the Z10 as the older keyboard phones, its just a matter of being patient and learning where to find them  This forum really helps with that.  Also, take a look at the "help" app.  It will answer a lot of these types of issues.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for that tip.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

>> I don't believe that feature is supported any longer

Bonkers

Anthony
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Great points. Especially the answering swipe. I miss so many calls because of that.

It would also be nice to be able to list a company and select that company info to link to contacts as they are entered vs having to enter all of the info to every contact. As a business phone this would be a efficiency.