Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
user1-80149
My Device: z 10

BB Link ID connection impossible

Hello,

I just bought a Z 10 yesterday . I downloaded BB Link on my PC ( HP Pavilion portable computer ) . I created a BB ID , then connected the Z 10 to my PC using the USB cable . At step 1 of BB Link, I clicked on the "connect your device" radio button at the top of the screen . Step 2 appeared but displays :  " connection to your Blackberry ID impossible . Please check your Internet connection and try again" . Which I did, again and again but there is no Internet connection problem neither with the phone nor the PC .  I'm stuck and cannot download my personal data ( contacts, calendar & misc. which are all stored on Microsoft Outlook ) from my PC . What do I do ?

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BB

Re: BB Link ID connection impossible

Try a simple reset first:  when powered on hold down the power button for 10 seconds.

Also:

1.Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull down the quick access menu
2.Tap on Settings 
3.Tap on About 
4.Tap on the Category dropdown menu
5.Tap on Network from the dropdown menu
6.Tap the Action Overflow button in the lower right hand corner marked by three vertical dots
7.Tap on Register BlackBerry

Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5

You can re boot your pc and router. After that try it again. If nothing happens try repairing the install of bb link

New Contributor
user1-80149

Hi fyip,

thanks for your technical support and obviously steps 1 through 7 as per your message are an essential key .  I implemented all your suggestions starting with simple reset first and then steps 1 thru' 7 but BB Link still would not connect . I tried shut down PC restart and so forth but nothing will do and BB Link still displays same message ID connection impossible . I connected the Z10 to Wi-Fi but it didn't sort out the problem . Have uninstalled and reinstalled BB Link but it did not cure the problem either . Prior to trying this forum, I contacted my network provider ( Orange )  who sold me the Z10 and they gave me 2 BB technical support contact numbers but my call met an answering machine asking me to contact my network provider... back to square 1... If you have any suggestions / instructions they would be welcome .  I've been a BB customer for 6 years now, started in 2008 with an 8100 , then had a Curve, then two Torch 9800 and have always used Microsoft Outlook to synchronize contacts, calendar and tasks on a daily basis which has turned out to be an essential tool of my business . Until now I have always managed to figure out how to get started with every new smartphone I've had, but with the Z10 it's a different story altogether and it's been 3 days now that I'm unable to download calendar, tasks and contacts from my PC to the Z10 which is causing some serious havoc to my business with clients & suppliers . I am still unsure wheather if Outlook and the Z10 can be synchronized in a traditional way as with other smartphones I've had such as Curve and Torch . All I've been able to do until now is turn the Z10 to Mass storage mode and download some pictures taken for work purposes .  If you can help at all it would be tremendously appreciated . I use an HP Pavilion running on Windows 7 and Avira antivirus, PC runs fine and I regularly download updates but it's 3 years old  I wonder if that could be the problem given that with the Z10 it's the first time that one has to be Internet connected to get Outlook and the smartphone to coordinate ( did I get things right ? ) . Hope you can help .

Many thanks

Forums Advisor III
fyip

[ Edited ]

Since your phone is new and you do not have a lot of stuff on it yet, and you cannot use BB Link skip the first part and go to: To reset your phone:

You can reset your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html?LID=ca:bb:software:desktopsoftware:smileytongue:c&L...

Forums Advisor III
fyip

You can also try this:   https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword/      to reset your ID.

New Contributor
user1-80149

Hello fyip,

many thanks for your help .  It worked and Z10 / Outlook synchronize beautifully . I had to keep trying but eventually after a while BB Link eventually recognized BB ID . Sorry for the late reply, been too busy since then using my Z 10 and catching up time !   It's a terrific smartphone ...

Cheers

Nick

Forums Advisor III
fyip

Thanks for letting us know, hope we do not hear from you again, meaning that you do not have any more problems.