Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Halebop
Accepted Solution

BB Messenger

Hi!!

New to this site and to Blackberry as well, just recently bought my first Blackberry Q10 with Nordic layout on the qwerty, as I live in Sweden.

However as BIS is not needed for the Q10, I use a regular provider with 3-4G connection, and everything works very well, except I cannot open BBM, it says Blackberry is unable to connect to server, No Blackberry Data.

And from what I found out it should work on a regular data plan, so is there anything in the settings, or is this feature simply not available in this country (sweden)?!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Messenger

Do you have a small BlackBerry logo next to where your signal says 3G or 4G? If you don't have that logo then your data plan is not allowing access to BlackBerry services and you'll need to contact your wireless service provider.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I did contact my provider and they told me it should work fine with them, but yet it wont let me connect to it so I guess it's not working at all on some providers.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You didn't answer my question, though. Do you have a BlackBerry logo next to the 3G/4G icon?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No I do not have the logo, so I know that's why it's not working.

But I thought it would work with my provider...

Guru II

Does it work if you connect to wifi?
Contributor

Nope not even with wifi...

Highlighted
Guru II

Where did you purchase the device? Was it new or did you buy it used?

Have you tried removing the sim card and then connecting to wifi?
Contributor

No I haven't tried removing the sim but I can give it a try...

I purchased this phone brand new from an online store...

and it was new and everything else works... except the BBM

Guru II

The only way to resolve this is to get the issue escalated, through your provider, to BlackBerry to investigate the PIN of the device. For some reason the BB infrastructure isn't seeing it.