Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
BlackPump
My Device: Z10

BB-Protect / BB-ID : Big Problem

Hello Guys,

I hope my English is good enough for you to understand my problem :Wacko:

I own my second Z10-Device. The first on (bought via Amazon) I've wiped, deleted from BB-Protect-Website and sent back. After these steps in installed my new device.

Now my problem:

Since I connected my second device with my BB-ID the BB-Protect-Website crashes with the following error:

An Error Occurred:

javax.el.ELException: /layout/bbshield/mainNav.xhtml @19,55 rendered="#{lostDevice.showData}": Error reading 'showData' on type net.rim.bbshield.bnr.LostDeviceBean_$$_javassist_2

I can't be a problem with my internet browser, because i tested  IE8, IE9, Google Chrome and different Java-versions.

Also I see my "old" device still in BB-Link-Desktop-Software. If I want to remove it a message box appears and tells me that this device is already connected with my BB-ID an I should go to blackberry.com/bbid to disconnect it. But I can't see any options there to do this.

BTW: I don't have any BB-Options on my cellphone provider so I don't have any provider-BB-Server on these side.
The problem must result on the BlackBerry-Server itself, so I think only BlackBerry can help me to correct my BB-ID?

I hope you undestand what my problem is. My school-english ist about 20 years old :smileyhappy:
Thanks in advice....
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB-Protect / BB-ID : Big Problem

Hi BlackPump and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Just to clarify, you currently only have 1 BlackBerry Z10 connected to the BlackBerry Protect account correct? If so, did you wipe the old BlackBerry Z10 first?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
BlackPump

Yes, I currently own only one device. Before I sent back the "old" one I removed the device out of BB-Protect over the Website, after that I did a wipe on the device, and then I sent it back to Amazon.
I know the PIN of the old device if this may help...
New Contributor
BlackPump

Maybe my mistake was to remove the device over the BB-Protect website and doing the wipe after that.
Maybe the "protect-servers" getting the error because of the device had a connection to them while deleting it over the website?
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Yes, can you send me the PIN of both your old device and your new device via Private Message? Also, if you can include your BlackBerry ID email, that would help.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
BlackPump

Hey... It seems BB-Protect is working again now.

A little but: now is see both devices again.

Before I do the same mistake again: can I delete the old phone?

Or are you or other colleagues already working on it?

Greets

New Contributor
swhh
My Device: Z 10

Can any of you please help with why I can't log into my BB Protect account using Z10, using usual ID, and restore my 9700 Bold data which is visibly in the BB Protect account to my Z10 ?