Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
joneseva67
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

BB Userid/Password Issues

All drivers and apps on my phone were deleted accidently by Verizon Tech Support  because my old Android would ring and not my new BB.  I know, weird but true.  I had to go to the VZ store to get all appls loaded again which was an overnight task for them. 

Once drivers/apps were loaded again, I had set up my new BB ID Username again so the phone stated.  My old old user id would not work at first, so i tried a new one, using my work user id/email.  Once i tried to verify the new address, the old one appeared so i set the old ID up instead.

Now my work user id/email  continues to "pop up" on my screen all day long, and when i try to enter the old password, hoping this will allow me to go in and delete the account, it gives me the "2/10 attempts" to log in, but I cannot get the screen to go away even after deliberating entering the wrong password all 10 times.  It just times out after 15 minutes and starts all over again. I could, at one point, log in/verify  my ID by using my first set/up userid, but the work ID defaults will not go away and cannot be found anywhere for anyone else to delete it so I continue getting this, now annoying,  pop ups requesting my work ID. 

I  contacted Verizon Tech Support and after 2 1/2 hours on the phone, they can't figure the issue.  I have been sent instructions on how to "wipe" my phone and reinstall the apps but it will take an hour to download the apps and i don't trust myself enough for this task.  I, personally, am afraid to complete the "wipe"  because this is what started all of my other issues in the first place.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Userid/Password Issues

joneseva67 wrote:

I have been sent instructions on how to "wipe" my phone and reinstall the apps but it will take an hour to download the apps and i don't trust myself enough for this task.

IF you are indeed using a new BlackBerryID, the only way to use it is to first do a security wipe on the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.