Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Mobilink

Re: BB Z10 Battery Drains after 10.1.0.4181 Update

Last night I reloaded 10.2.0.1047, it worked fine, kept the phone on charger all night. Today phone died when battery was showing 70% charging remaining of cell.

Contributor

Guys, I need help n solution to my problem. Anyone? It's getting harder and phone goes off at 70% without a formal warning. Plus I have attempted to reload the software numerous times both via link+web. It failed. I also tried reloading using Autoloader but it doesn't overwrite 10.2 version. Please help.

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Remind me, you've not tried a new battery?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

jawadashraf wrote:

.... 70% without a formal warning. Plus I have attempted to reload the software numerous times both via link+web. It failed. I also tried reloading using Autoloader but it doesn't overwrite 10.2 version. Please help.

It should be a problem with the  battery, since updating the software didn't solve it.

BTW I used version 4181, there were some issues I agree, but this was definitely not one of them.

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE Smiley Wink
Contributor

Yes I changed the battery but situtation is the same. Thing is if it was a hardware problem, at least battery meter should have worked fine. It is not battery issue. I think It is a software issue as battery meter does not drop to a level where cell should die. However today I have noticed empty bettery sign in camera app on the flash. While battery meter showed battery 85%.

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

What OS release are you now running on this device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

i did this upgrade and battery doesnot even last 3 hours now prior to the upgrade it worked pretty much all day.  this upgrade needs an upgrade badly

Highlighted
Contributor

I have found the solution. Here's what you need to do:
1- use the phone and let it drain till it dies.
2- take out the battery, SD card, SIM card.
3- keep the phone without battery for at least an hour.
4- plug in SIM card, SD and battery in the phone.
5- press the shutdown button for a couple of minutes.
6- plug the phone to the charger, let it charge and come back on.

Here I would suggest charge the phone for a good 5-6 hours even it's fully charged. If it's night let it charge for the whole night. And one last thing, please charge the phone when the battery is around 10% till it's fully charged.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I had the same problem on an AT&T phone. Issue was the ActiveSync server for my work Office365 server did not work most of the time. It worked on reboot or through WiFi but not through wireless service. The ActiveSync kept trying when it gets the errors. BB said this drains the battery. Once I changed the server name, my battery drain-rate went back to "normal".

Good luck.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I had an issue that started this summer were my battery on my Z10 suddenly would not hold a charge for more then 8 hrs under light use. I recently found that my phone seemed to be in a limbo stage of trying to encrypt my data, weird part is i have never attempted to encrypt data. The phone would NOT allow me to select thew encryption process off until i finally pulled out the battery and media card then reinstalled the battery, at this point I was able to select encryption off. I now have a battery that will give me 48 hrs usage under light usage. Hope this may help someone, the Bell reps were sad at best with their lies and excuses.