Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
vijaymalhan
My Device: Z 10

BB Z10 Blackberry Maps is not usable in India

No maps. This is ridiculous - if you are officially launching in India and that too on a premium price? Please do something about it. Or replace it with native Google Maps app.  

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: BB Z10 Blackberry Maps is not usable in India

[ Edited ]

If the Blackberry Maps is not working for you, you can always get google maps from app world.

IMG_00000058.png

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vijaymalhan

There is no Google Map app available on App store. I have tried side loading android Google map but it's sucks on performance and battery
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Android side loading is a hit and miss. So when you go into my world, do a search on Google, do you see the screen capture that I have above.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
parambyte
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900

try going to this URL:
http://www.google.com/mobile/other/

does it let you download an app? lack of Google Maps is the deal breaker for me. I love BB, but I NEED Google Maps.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

parambyte wrote:
try going to this URL:
http://www.google.com/mobile/other/

does it let you download an app? lack of Google Maps is the deal breaker for me. I love BB, but I NEED Google Maps.

So in India , when you go to MyWorld on your z10 and do a search on Google you don't see the maps? I did a search on India and I see all kinds of maps app's for india.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vijaymalhan

@Arsen paid apps are available but they are far from what experience you get from Google Navigation and BlackBerry Maps Navigation. They are guaranteed to be updated along with the platform with richer features unlike 3rd party apps. My point is I have already paid a premium price for my device $800+ in my country and that should cover at least basic set of apps.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vijaymalhan

@parambyte I couldn't get any thing to download from the link you sent. For me android side loaded app is doing the trick as of now and I am desperately waiting for a native Google ported Maps app or Blackberry maps with India covered.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

I see your point, when spending a fortune on a new phone, it should have the maps in your area. I actually love the BB maps, very quick to grap a satelite reception.  I also went into my world and saw some free maps apps(mapssearch for Google). I downloaded and installed it on my z10 and went into India and has the maps. But I would also call your local phone provider and have them bring it to Blackberry's attention.

IMG_00000063.png

IMG_00000064.png

Please use plain text.
Contributor
parambyte
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900

[ Edited ]
Purely for testing purposes, I installed the paid GPS Maps for Google Maps Pro that i downloaded from the app world, on my 9900 (it said it would work on touch sensitive BBs). It made my 9900 crash. I tried the google maps on my friend's Lumia 820 via the browser. Not good. Slow. If I could only get the existing Google Maps which I have running on my 9900, I will be a very happy man.
Please use plain text.