Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
vijaymalhan
My Device: Z 10

Re: BB Z10 Blackberry Maps is not usable in India

I also tried google maps web app on Z10 (maps.google.com) browser. It's slow and simply unusable especially in Indian cities, You can probably checkout a route and memorize it and then may be hit the road :smileyhappy:  @parambyte I would still recommend Z10 though as it's an awsome communication device and powerful platform - if they fix the Maps thing, which I am sure they will, it will enable me to do all the day to day activities I was dependent on a smart phone for. Earlier I was always either carrying an iPhone or Andorid along with my Blackberry, now I can imagine myself carrying one phone only. I see many applications coming on to Z10 post US launch.

Meanwhile you can rely on sideload apps. 

Blackberry please fix the Maps for us. India is one of the hottest market for loyal smartphones users especially Blackberry (thanks to BBM). You dont wanna ditch them and force to use cheaper Androids. 

Contributor
parambyte
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900

If you purchased the Z10 from an official blackberry store in India, you can download the mapmyindia detailed maps with navigation and turn by turn voice control for free from the app store. It's a 650 mb download for the entire country or you can choose to download states. Works like a charm.
arivutiger
My Device: blackberry z10

seriously this is nothing but fraud...they may thing it smart but frustrated people like me will quote this ineffectiveness of BB maps to as many people as possible and deter them from buying BB...

Trusted Contributor
Problem_child
My Device: Z10 STL100-2

[ Edited ]

It may be a little bit tricky for You, but You can google "google maps for blackberry z10" and it's must to find for You somehere zip file with Google maps 7.3.0. All You need is to extract "GoogleMaps_7.3.0_Blackberry10.apk" and sideload it on Your device. It's totally free. I tried to convert later versions of Google Maps and couldn't make any workable. But this one works for me from BB OS 10.2.0.429

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Google Maps can be found as an Android app and if your phone is running OS 10.2.1 you can download it. First you need to sideload Snap on your phone but it's really quite easy. Take a look at this tutorial by @John_Clark :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/You-Upgraded-to-OS-10-2-1-and-wan... 

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
Problem_child
My Device: Z10 STL100-2

You're absolutely right, it's possible to sideload them, but problem I met is constant crash. I tried with 7.4.0 and 7.5.0 and can't be sure about 7.6.0. And every time I ended with crash, so I still using 7.3.0 from that pack. But who knows, maybe I'm extremely unlucky :smileyhappy: . Anywhere, to try someone else is good idea.