Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

fevr
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: WIND

Re: BB Z10 Heating Up and Drain Battery in 5 hours

I was having battery issues and someone suggested I backup my device with BlackBerry Link, reload, and restore my backup. So nothing really changed as all my old apps are back on the phone but my battery life was excellent after the reload where as it was lasting for only a few hours before. Hopefully BlackBerry figures out why this is happening as not everyone is willing to take the time to do what I did to fix something that shouldn't suddenly get screwed up for no reason.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aswadqazi
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Ufone - Pakistan

It has been more than 12 hours I faced the same issue, Battery draining was so quick and my Z10 was getting heat up even in standby, atlast I found a solution to get it normal, I took a backup for my device using Blackberry Link "Applications" unchecked, I was confused if some of applications causing this. I took the backup of rest of my data and settings, then had a Security Wipe by going to Setting -- Security and Privacy -- Security Wipe. My Z10 started to lose heat while in the Wipe Process. I then had a watch to check improvements used it for an hour and now battery is not draining too quickly nor It's heating up anymore. 

Thought will help you guys get your Z10 device back to normal. Please mark as answer if it helps you :smileyhappy:

I would like admin to mark the title as Solved, thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aswadqazi

It has been more than 12 hours I faced the same issue, Battery draining was so quick and my Z10 was getting heat up even in standby, atlast I found a solution to get it normal, I took a backup for my device using Blackberry Link "Applications" unchecked, I was confused if some of applications causing this. I took the backup of rest of my data and settings, then had a Security Wipe by going to Setting -- Security and Privacy -- Security Wipe. My Z10 started to lose heat while in the Wipe Process. I then had a watch to check improvements used it for an hour and now battery is not draining too quickly nor It's heating up anymore. 

Thought will help you guys get your Z10 device back to normal. Please mark as answer if it helps you :smileyhappy:

I would like admin to mark the title as Solved, thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DarrinG
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks Fevr.  This seems to have worked.  It is now going on over 5 hours and the battery is still near 100% charged.  Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DarrinG
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks aswadqazi.  This seems to have worked.  My phone is no longer hot and the battery is lasting a lot longer than before.  Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aswadqazi

Most Welcome DarrinG. I had the same issue and I tried too much things getting it to normal. Finally I succeeded and sharred with all other Z10 users. Hope they all may enjoy all the features of their latest BB phone exaxtly as I wish :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
schmid
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: telud

This worked for me, great advice

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
evienneau
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Z10 heats up and battery life is only 3-4 hours under low usuage..

Same thing for me. My Z10 is heating in stand by and battery lasts for 5 hours. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC are off.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 heats up and battery life is only 3-4 hours under low usuage..

Hey all,

FYI -- I've been running some relatively controlled tests and, so far, have come up to a 9-day reboot interval being the max before strange things (including what is reported in this thread) start happening. At present, I'm recommending a 1-week interval between reboots, perhaps shorter depending on your own usage patterns.

While there are other symptoms, the key I found was battery drain. It stays quite consistent until that 9th day (for me) and then drains out in just a few hours. The reboot puts it back to "normal" capacity (note carefully please that a "normal" capacity for me will be different than for you -- each user has their own specific usage patterns).

We are all hoping that future OS updates will cure many of these issues. But, for now, I at least can live with a 1-week reboot interval.

There may also be other causes to the symptoms under discussion in this thread, but perhaps a regular reboot can help some.

Cheers and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Akana
My Device: bb z 10
My Carrier: telkomsel

Dear Aswadqazi, would you explained in step by step mode for newbie. I also read in other forum, to try update OS. Which one should I try first?

Thanks a lot
Please use plain text.