Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: BB Z10 Heating Up and Drain Battery in 5 hours

Should the phone still be heating up to a quiet hot level?

Contributor

Yes the phone still be heating up. And from ur previous reply as u said u play hd games about an hour Z10 gets quiet heat when on gaming and battery drains too fast. If u use bbm a lot this is also a reason for battery drain. As the OS 10 design it continuously sync all the email accounts added. Processor works on it continuously. My battery lasts half day when I use bbm a lot and gaming. But when I'm on normal use with just calls and sms it lasts almost 24 hours. I think bkackberry has to work on it and get something useful for Z10 in their next OS update.
New Contributor

thanks alot for clearing that up for me because by the reviews of the specs on how long the battery lasts is really not what you get when the actual phone is in hand. Blackberry should sort out this problem as the users of blackberry are over users in almost every expect that the phone has to give and with the small battery pack, Blackberry wasnt being to professional in this case......, I think an improvement to the OS and a battery which is able to hold more than the 1.800MAh we are given. Thanks for the reply, you made me more at calm.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

My problem occurred primarily when I was out of the country and used the Gs program WAZE . Charging in a 220 environment and the running the GPS even with the phone being re-charged in the car seemed to be a recipe for disaster. Reduced battery life to a few hours and the extra battery only provided very limited help. I don't know whether here is a problem in totally switching WAZE off so that it stops sending information about your location. I did "switch it ff" and close the application, but my battery would drain very quickly.
New Contributor

Strange, I downloaded this app on blackberry world and it said that my battery has already been put through 3741 charging cycles but thats impossible because the phone is only a month old. strange as hell

New Contributor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-2680mAh-High-Capacity-Battery-For-Blackberry-L-S1-LS1-Z10-BB10-BB-10-... Could yo uguys check this thread out do you think it could be really possible ? let me know cause i am in aaawwwww

Contributor

I think it's possible. Because I found something which I think if it's really possible. Pkease a look at this guys. http://blackberryempire.com/mugen-power-releases-a-324000mah-500-battery-for-blackberry-z10-that-can...
New Contributor

thats so ridiculous though because i dont understand why blackberry wouldnt create a larger one themeselves seeing as people like us are always skeptical about buy from out source companies

Contributor

According to me a reason could be that if blackberry make a battery like no need to charge for 6 months. I think they r aware of the cell phone price. How would I feel if want to buy a phone like Z10 but it costs me the degice price + $499 for a battery. I don't thing it is suitable for economic market. And the other reason could be for e.g. there are 2 shops one is for dresses and another one is for under garments. How will I feel if I'm trying to setup a store for undergarments when that dress shop deals with both already. I'll lose my hard work for under garments shop :smileyhappy: so blackberry already have a superb device if another company is working hard to get something useful for blackberry device. So they worth the profit from their product.

What do u say? :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

I say thats perfect but atleast have a battery with 2300MAh where we dont have to be crying for our phones to survive while in heavy use. smartphones need to handle heavy use