Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
DVader
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

BB Z10 and BES BlackBerry Enterprise Server

I got my new Z10 today.  Woo hoo, 2-3 years later, better late than never! :smileyhappy:

Now I need to connect it to my BES at work.  Asking me for a server name and my IT guy doesn't have a good answer for me.

So how does on make BB Z10 work with BES?

If someone says this is incompatible I am may likely go ape sh*t.    I am really not in the mood for any more "undocumented" features from BlackBerry.  If you guys want to compete in this space you have to stop putting up so many roadblocks for people.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fresh_Squid
My Device: None
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Z10 and BES BlackBerry Enterprise Server

I believe you must have bes version 10.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Yes, BES10 is the key. That has been in the news longer than BBX (and yes I know it is BB10 now.. that's how long it has been in the news!) :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DVader
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Well being in the news is great.  It would have been even better if there was Rudimentary Support for Z10 owners on the old software.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

DVader wrote:

I got my new Z10 today.  Woo hoo, 2-3 years later, better late than never! :smileyhappy:

Now I need to connect it to my BES at work.  Asking me for a server name and my IT guy doesn't have a good answer for me.

So how does on make BB Z10 work with BES?

If someone says this is incompatible I am may likely go ape sh*t.    I am really not in the mood for any more "undocumented" features from BlackBerry.  If you guys want to compete in this space you have to stop putting up so many roadblocks for people.

Server name is the BES 10 SRP number

example but numbers are not correct.

S12345678

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

The Z10 is a completely new OS, it is not unthinkable that older (completely different) OS software would not work with it. :smileyhappy:

Regardless, BES10 is what you need for Z10. Maybe this information would be helpful:

http://ca.blackberry.com/business/blackberry-10-ready/blackberry-10-ready.html

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.